Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hampton Inn

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Hampton Inn

Post by Matt » Wed May 31, 2023 7:20 am

I drove by the brand new Home Suites by Hilton on State Street and I was shocked to see that right next to the "Now Hiring" flag were about 100 discarded clocks!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed May 31, 2023 7:53 am

Really? A new Holiday Inn Express by me has about 4 pallets of clocks in the parking lot, ready to be installed. They said they're riding a wave of interest in clocks by Gen-Z, and they made it illegal to not have a hotel-provided clock in the room.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 am

Matt, sounds like a big waste of time to me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 31, 2023 9:52 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:05 am
Instead of eliminating the clocks in the rooms, I would rather they eliminate the TV.
I never watch it.
Gee… most places there are as many as 500 clocks per room.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed May 31, 2023 9:59 am

zzand wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 am
Matt, sounds like a big waste of time to me.
:razz :lol

I have found from experience that using my phone as an alarm clock can be unreliable. Google tends to push Android updates overnight which has prompted the phone to reboot itself on several occasions, disabling the alarm. I picked up an analog travel alarm clock at WalMart for five bucks and keep it on my bathroom. That way I have to get up and walk over to the sink to shut the alarm off (hittin' that snooze is too dang easy). Since it's small a single AA battery will last forever and it can be easily packed for trips. They have digital travel clocks but I prefer to go old-school. The ticking noise is rather calming and helps me get to sleep at night.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 31, 2023 10:18 am

I don't need an alarm clock. I just want to be able to look at. the time when the room is dark

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed May 31, 2023 10:19 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:59 am
I have found from experience that using my phone as an alarm clock can be unreliable. Google tends to push Android updates overnight which has prompted the phone to reboot itself on several occasions, disabling the alarm. I picked up an analog travel alarm clock at WalMart for five bucks and keep it on my bathroom. That way I have to get up and walk over to the sink to shut the alarm off (hittin' that snooze is too dang easy). Since it's small a single AA battery will last forever and it can be easily packed for trips. They have digital travel clocks but I prefer to go old-school. The ticking noise is rather calming and helps me get to sleep at night.
Interesting you mention that because before I had a phone with the clock, it seemed that almost any regular alarm clock I had had failed me at some point. I was setting at least 2 alarm clocks every night for at least 15 years. I used old clocks, new clocks, flip clocks, battery clocks, digital clocks, AC clocks with battery backup, clock radios, mechanical clocks with a buzzer, and they all failed me at some point. I never slept well anymore because I was always worried the alarm wouldn't wake me up. And it was never because I forgot to set the clock as I was super aware of setting the clock since my job had me waking up at different times.

The only device that hasn't failed me (yet) is my phone.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 31, 2023 11:39 am

Hampton Inn. Still my favourite hotel chain. I would recommend it to anyone. But just be sure to pack a clock in your luggage.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 31, 2023 11:45 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:39 am
Hampton Inn. Still my favourite hotel chain. I would recommend it to anyone. But just be sure to pack a clock in your luggage.
Maybe you ought try another Hampton Inn elsewhere?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 31, 2023 11:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:45 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
No need to. I have my clock now and it's already packed for the next trip.

Anyway the guy said all of their properties are now clock free.

Can't have guests embarassed by seeing a clock in their room.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:03 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:45 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
No need to. I have my clock now and it's already packed for the next trip.

Anyway the guy said all of their properties are now clock free.

Can't have guests embarassed by seeing a clock in their room.
How about embarrassed that someone is posting about it? Maybe that’ll get them to return the clocks…

HD74

Post by HD74 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:47 pm

"keep it on my bathroom. That way I have to get up and walk over to the sink to shut the alarm off"

I used to do this, one time in Needles CA I went over to shut the damned thing off without my glasses, I smacked a tarantula.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:34 am

May as well call it what it is. It's a thinly veiled effort to discourage the working class from visiting their hotels.
But I'm wise to them and I won't let it deter me..

If they have facial recognition technology at the front desk, they'll be shocked to see me back there

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:38 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:34 am
May as well call it what it is. It's a thinly veiled effort to discourage the working class from visiting their hotels.
But I'm wise to them and I won't let it deter me..

If they have facial recognition technology at the front desk, they'll be shocked to see me back there
And immediately kick you out for being a smuggler.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:06 pm

They think that by making it difficult for those of us who don't have phones, we'll stay away.

The dummies don't seem to realize that they're also making it more difficult for their middle class guests who do have phones. If they wake up during the night, instead of glancing at the clock and going back to sleep, they'll have to fumble around in the dark for their phone and maybe their glasses, just to check the time..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic