Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What Import Vehicles doYou Like?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

What Import Vehicles doYou Like?

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:42 pm

I don't mean racy sports cars or luxury SUVs. Just ordinary vehicles for commuting or getting around in.

I only buy vehicles that are Union built in North America. But that doesn't prevent me from admiring the competition.

The brand that most catches my eye is Mazda. I haven't seen anything by Toyota or Honda that excites me.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15835

Re: What Import Vehicles doYou Like?

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:08 pm

Not a fan of domestic cars.

I've always liked Honda the best, the civics I've had were all decent and loved my 95 Accord. Had a 2008 Kia Rio some years ago, it was decent for what it was, had it just shy of 8 years and very little trouble with it. I currently own a 2015 VW Passat, I've only had it since October so I can't give a full report as of yet but the build quality seems to be very good.

My parents both have Nissans, they seem to like them. Not bad cars overall but build quality seems to be better on Honda's and Toyotas.

Mazda I don't have much experience with but consumers reports always rates them high. They have a pretty good reputation overall. If I was to recommend 1 car overall, it would be The Honda Accord or Civic.

I've always liked Audi's, maybe someday I will have one.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:42 pm
I don't mean racy sports cars or luxury SUVs. Just ordinary vehicles for commuting or getting around in.

I only buy vehicles that are Union built in North America. But that doesn't prevent me from admiring the competition.

The brand that most catches my eye is Mazda. I haven't seen anything by Toyota or Honda that excites me.
If it wasn't so freaking pretentious, this is the sedan I would be driving. It's not a sports car or luxury SUV, if it doesn't count, My bad.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:29 pm

Mid 90s UK Audi's .

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:40 pm

Subaru which spelled backwards is Urabus.
Mine is now my snowmobile, all wheel drive and snow tires.
Pisses off my best friend as it outperforms his big bad Dodge.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:32 am

I don't know anything about Subaru. But they make a nice looking vehicle.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:26 am

I was actually looking at buying a Impreza about a year and a half ago but there were none to be had, due to COVID shortages.

Subaru's are all wheel drive, they are really popular in the pacific NW I'm told.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:47 pm

My father bought a used 2005 Kia Sedona from a customer at his business and it's worked really well for us with no real issues. My brother actually works at a Toyota dealership in Dundee. He was able to get my father a 2020 Sienna, and while it's technically made in Indiana, it's a van that performs really well. My mother now drives the Sedona.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:09 pm

I had a Hyundai Santa Fe that I gave away after it hit 300K. I'd buy another Hyundai in a second. I know they make some of their models in Alabama.

The censorship king from out of state.

SD45

Post by SD45 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:21 pm

I went from a 2011 Malibu to a 2017 Accord. The Accord just hit 100,000 miles. It's in far better shape than the Chevy was.

I usually have decent luck with Ohio made vehicles. I had a 2003 Cavalier that was very dependable. It also survived hitting a deer at 60 mph. That was 3500 dollars worth of damage in October 2007.

I ended up buying the Malibu from my parents when they moved from Michigan to Guam.
Last edited by SD45 on Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:22 pm

If I was to buy an import it would be a Genesis. I will stick with my Grand Cherokee as it is American made.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:36 pm

My last three vehicles have been Chevy Equinox. A boring but reliable drive. My current 2020 will be my last Equinox. GM has pulled production of the Equinox from their plant in Ingersoll ON and shifted it to Mexico.

So, next year, I might be shopping for something from Jeep.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:46 pm

Many of the cars listed here are made in the USA.

I haven't owned a US brand daily vehicle since 1994. My current daily truck was made in Ohio. I have 11 other vehicles, two are GM Coach and Bus, the rest are German or Japanese. I already own my dream car, but I would love a MK1 manual Jetta

TT, get another Charger while they are still available.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:46 pm

TT, get another Charger while they are still available.

I'd love to get another Charger. Regrettably, my wife has too much difficulty getting in and out of a low vehicle like that. She needs something taller.

The Toyota Rav 4 is built in Woodstock ON, about 25 miles from our home. But it isn't Union built.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:56 am

My last car was an Accord. My current car is an Accord. That will probably be my next car too, though I rented a Nissan Sentra last year on vacation that I liked a lot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic