Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Best fast food French fries?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
SD45

Re: Best fast food French fries?

Post by SD45 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:40 pm

Fast food restaurants are better in rural areas of Michigan. I always get cold fries almost anywhere I go in Metro Detroit.

I've ate fast food less frequently since the pandemic started.

They closed the dining rooms, and I wasn't going to wait for 10 cars in the drive thru for cold fries.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:58 am

McD in Florida now only allows ordering on the touch screen kiosk or the ap. I go to Wendy's.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:35 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:58 am
McD in Florida now only allows ordering on the touch screen kiosk or the ap. I go to Wendy's.
wow, you can't even pull up at the drive thru and order over the speaker?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:51 am

CurlyHoward wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:35 am

wow, you can't even pull up at the drive thru and order over the speaker?
Never thought of that, Then I could take the food inside to eat it.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:54 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Here around me, McDonald's "encourages" you to order and pay with a card at the kiosk.
They do try and make it look like it's the only way for walk ins to order.
But you can still walk up to the counter, have a person take your order, and pay with cash.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:27 am

Round Six wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:54 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Here around me, McDonald's "encourages" you to order and pay with a card at the kiosk.
But you can still walk up to the counter, have a person take your order, and pay with cash.
In Florida they don't encourage it or try to make it look like you have to. They tell you flat out you have to do it that way.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:34 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:27 am
Round Six wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:54 am
Turkeytop wrote:
In Florida they don't encourage it or try to make it look like you have to. They tell you flat out you have to do it that way.
Thankfully they're not the ones that used "Have it your way!" as a slogan!

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:08 am

Another casualty is the self-service drink area. I prefer unsweet iced tea with a just a shot of lemonade in it. That can be done yourself; if they are preparing the drink most won't custom pour drinks, and if they do, don't typically get it right. I simply don't go to those restaurants (and I have one in my home town) that do so.

Funny, that is probably too granular of an issue to be picked up or paid attention on a survey, but it costs the McD's in my town a fair amount of business.

As far as the kiosk, I have seen that in FL as TT describes, but I'm certain they have a work around as total requirement on the kiosk would preclude the blind, the non-technical elderly, and the downright stupid from being served. The trolls working there may state so, but I'm sure there is an official work-around. Otherwise, TT could mobilize his comrades and they could show up in their Mao jackets and protest. (Damn, there I go again)

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:50 am

Since everyone is including curly fries I give my vote to the steak Fries at Red Robin.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:28 pm

I have not been to either place in many years. I do recall Red Robin's fries being pretty good though.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:49 pm

I think Mickey D's fries are my favorite. I also like Wendy's fries, Five Guys fries, Red Robin steak fries, Arby's both curly and crinkle cut, and I like Steak N Shake's too. I used to like Fuddrucker's fries when they were still big. Rally's I've only had twice.

Burger King's fries are so-so, ditto when KFC had potato wedges.

One chain that hasn't been mentioned here that makes great fries is Penn Station, probably one of the only sub sandwich chains that offers them.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm

There's a chain here in Florida called Culver's. I don't know if they are up north at all.

Their fries are really good. They let you order face to face from a real human and they accept cash payment.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:35 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm
There's a chain here in Florida called Culver's. I don't know if they are up north at all.

Their fries are really good. They let you order face to face from a real human and they accept cash payment.
Yes their fries are good. I just ate at a Culver's about an hour ago. Cod fish dinner. They have Walleye dinners too.
And I did pay ca$h.
Last edited by Round Six on Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:37 pm

I'll also agree with Culver's fries as well.

SD45

Post by SD45 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:12 pm

Culver's has been in Michigan for over 15 years. They are also down in Florida.

I don't think I've been to a McDonald's in Florida yet. I usually try to eat at places we don't have in Michigan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic