Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

HSN

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

HSN

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:02 pm

HSN, Home Shopping Network. The TV channel. They operate an outlet store in Florida, where they sell off things that are left over from the TV promotions or items that have been returned. It’s mostly women’s clothing, shoes and jewelry plus some household items.

We go in there once a year just to remind ourselves why we don’t go there.
It always smells like a thrift shop. The women must order the clothes from TV, wear them once or twice, then return them

On the plus side, they have seating available for the men while the women shop.

On the downside, I’m not allowed to take my gun in with me.

This year, I actually did buy something, An ice maker for $29.95. It doesn’t require any plumbing, Just pour in a pitcher of water about once a week. Makes ice in 15 minutes. I might get another one for my bar at home.

Last edited by Turkeytop on Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15835

Re: HSN

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:13 pm

There is or was a QVC store in Myrtle Beach SC. I'm guessing that's what it is, stuff people returned.

What is it with that Thrift shop smell? it's like old socks and day old soup mixed together. I have gotten a few cool things in a thrift store over time but most times I go in and it's a bunch of crap that needs to go into the landfill.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic