Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

You Be the Judge (Nursing Home)

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: You Be the Judge (Nursing Home)

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm

Now I'm sort of regretting having posted this. I thought it might provoke some thoughtful discussion. not a nasty debate.

When I learn the final outcome, I'll post it here.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:23 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm
Now I'm sort of regretting having posted this. I thought it might provoke some thoughtful discussion. not a nasty debate.

When I learn the final outcome, I'll post it here.
Is it bad that I thought you might be checking one out?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm
How long have you been on this site?!?

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 pm

Are there nursing homes in Florida?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 pm

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 pm
Are there old people in Florida?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:10 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:51 am

This wasn't intended to be bait. I'm just completely clueless in these modern gender issues. I wouldn't want to be involved in resolving it.
Oh, give me a break. You drop one of these clickbait bombs in the collective shorts of the board, and stand aside and giggle at what you started. TC will get ugly with me, I'll respond, etc.

How is ANYONE not clueless as regards "modern gender issues"? Do you think you missed some class somewhere that the rest of us took? You don't need an MSW or a PhD. It's simply about pretending, and deciding if you want to pretend along with the pretenders. You're Canadian...didn't you watch "Mr. Dressup"? We used to dress up as cowboys and Indians. We were'nt REALLY cowboys nor Indians, we were just acting out. This is no different, but the collective world now is expected to pretend along with the players.

What I'm clueless about is how we all keep falling for it. I'm out of it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:44 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:10 am
Plate Cap wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:51 am

This wasn't intended to be bait. I'm just completely clueless in these modern gender issues. I wouldn't want to be involved in resolving it.
Oh, give me a break. You drop one of these clickbait bombs in the collective shorts of the board, and stand aside and giggle at what you started. TC will get ugly with me, I'll respond, etc.

How is ANYONE not clueless as regards "modern gender issues"? Do you think you missed some class somewhere that the rest of us took? You don't need an MSW or a PhD. It's simply about pretending, and deciding if you want to pretend along with the pretenders. You're Canadian...didn't you watch "Mr. Dressup"? We used to dress up as cowboys and Indians. We were'nt REALLY cowboys nor Indians, we were just acting out. This is no different, but the collective world now is expected to pretend along with the players.

What I'm clueless about is how we all keep falling for it. I'm out of it.
Good luck raising kids if you can't love everyone as it discusses in the scriptures.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:18 pm

It doesn't seem ethical to me, but here's what they did.

They moved a female resident into the room. A woman with advanced dementia who doesn't even know where she is.

I asked if the woman's family was OK with that arrangement. She said the woman has been pretty much abandoned by her family. No one even visits her.

So, I guess it's working for now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic