Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Proof that most stock analyst reports are suitable as bird cage liner and little else

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Proof that most stock analyst reports are suitable as bird cage liner and little else

Post by Rate This » Tue May 02, 2023 9:14 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:29 pm
I was kind of thinking it was 1979 again:

Weak democrat in White House, stagflation, high gas prices, government overreach on energy, Iran causing trouble, Russia invading a neighboring country...

Republican governor named Ron running for president...
Except DeSantis is sinking in the polls and a one trick pony. Biden is no Jimmy Carter, gas prices are not high and have been coming down nearly to $3.00 even. And inflation is way down from the peak. You’re simply incorrect.

TC Talks

Re: Proof that most stock analyst reports are suitable as bird cage liner and little else

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 02, 2023 9:17 pm

audiophile wrote:

Weak democrat in White House, stagflation, high gas prices, government overreach on energy, Iran causing trouble, Russia invading a neighboring country...

Republicans like Bush just pull their drawers down right away. I see the difference.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 9:31 pm

I was very much against Iraq war. GWBush messed up on that.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed May 03, 2023 4:46 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:16 pm
Do you mean Truist? They were formed when BB&T and SunTrust merged. Their shares fell about 7.6 percent today.

I do not believe they are in jeopardy.

PacWest and Valley National are two I'd keep an eye on. Much smaller Horizon Bank (based in northern Indiana, I believe) is another I'd keep an eye on.
The entire regional banking sector took a bath yesterday. As is often the case on Wall Street, traders are throwing the babies out with the bath water. :rolleyes
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 03, 2023 6:14 am

PacWest is the one I was thinking of . Thanks Metalhead.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu May 04, 2023 9:48 am

Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said Wednesday that the seizure of First Republic was "an important step toward drawing a line under" turmoil in the banking system. Within two hours the stock of another troubled regional lender was down more than 50%.

The trigger was a series of media reports that the Beverly Hills, Calif.-based PacWest (PACW) was weighing a range of strategic options, including a sale or capital raise.

Other regional banks under scrutiny from investors also plunged overnight, including Western Alliance (WAL) in Phoenix and Comerica (CMA) in Dallas. First Horizon (FHN) also plummeted in pre-market trading after Toronto-Dominion Bank called off its deal to acquire the Memphis regional lender because of a lack of clarity around regulatory approvals.

The new round of volatility for regional banks punctuates a disconnect in the financial world as the industry’s unrest drags into an eighth week.

While top figures on Wall Street and Washington display optimism that the worst is over, investors continue to punish other regional lenders that share any characteristics of the three mid-sized banks already seized by regulators.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 04, 2023 11:44 pm

audiophile wrote:

Both of your dear Rons suck and one is resting in piss.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic