Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DISH Network Customer Service Outage

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ben Zonia

DISH Network Customer Service Outage

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:34 pm

There was a major cyberattack on DISH Customer Service last week. Online and phone services are completely down, with no estimate of when it will be fixed. You can't even pay your bill. Since most people don't even get a mailed bill, you can't even reliably pay that way. They say that they will fix late charges, but what hoops will you have to go through to get credit?

Any information or experience any of you have with this problem?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Re: DISH Network Customer Service Outage

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:16 pm

I am a Dish guy and never noticed any issues at all until I read about the situation.

The censorship king from out of state.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:26 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:16 pm
I am a Dish guy and never noticed any issues at all until I read about the situation.
There are essentially no service issues. There have been no major media stories about this, just billing and customer service. Their stock has been tanking though.

Try this number.

800-333-3474

Or sign in to dish.com.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:39 am

Yeah, I probably could/should pay less for my service but I really have zero issues with Dish so if it ain't broke, why fix it? Plus, I live in California and they have BTN which is a must for me.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:40 pm

They are still down. Which is insane for a publicly traded company this size. So I think it is safe to assume after two weeks of being down that they had no offline backups to speak of? Because recovering from a ransomware attack isn't that big of a deal if you have proper backups to restore. Sure, you may have to tighten up your network security before going back online, but two full weeks?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:23 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:39 am
Yeah, I probably could/should pay less for my service but I really have zero issues with Dish so if it ain't broke, why fix it? Plus, I live in California and they have BTN which is a must for me.
YouTubeTV also has BTN for 64.99/month.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:23 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:39 am
YouTubeTV also has BTN for 64.99/month.
Thanks.

I am sure I could save money if I switched, but I never have any problems with my service, my wife understands how everything works and I can get everything I want. I pay around 125 a month for 3 TVs, every sports channel possible, HBO, Showtime, etc. I'm pretty dedicated to Dish.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:56 pm

We're now more than 3 weeks in and they still are not back up and running. Why is the media not covering this story? Dish has still had very little to say publicly and they're mum on whether not millions of customers' worth of private data was stolen or not.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:58 pm

YTTV is going up to $72.99/month.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:58 pm
YTTV is going up to $72.99/month.
It's total bullshit. It wasn't even worth $65.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic