Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Supply Chain Issues

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Round Six

Re: Supply Chain Issues

Post by Round Six » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:24 am

HD74 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:43 pm
If you bought a house, likely you bought someone else’s toilet.
Yeah.
That's what I was thinking about when I asked TC Talks about people replacing perfectly good toilets when they bought a house.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:04 am

HD74 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:43 pm
If you bought a house, likely you bought someone else’s toilet.
My did has always replaced the toilet, shower heads, carpet and washer and dryer plus had the ducts cleaned when buying a house.

I shit in a toilet from like the 1950's that came with my house built in the 1920's.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:27 pm

I have zero interest in sports of any kind and no knowledege about sports. The only reason I know of this is because, at the time, I was working for a Company that was involved in the project

Back when the Domed Stadium was being built for the Toronto Blue Jays. That would have been back in the seventies or eighties, when they were still part of the Original Six, the Queen was invited to attend the first game at the facility.

The project was running away over budget and behind schedule.

Just hours before the first game was to begin, they somehow learned that one of the construction workers had used the Queen's toilet. They had to hurriedly replace it with a new toilet before the Queen arrived. Couldn't have the Queen sitting on a toilet someone else had used

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

kager

Post by kager » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:00 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:27 pm
I have zero interest in sports of any kind and no knowledege about sports. The only reason I know of this is because, at the time, I was working for a Company that was involved in the project

Back when the Domed Stadium was being built for the Toronto Blue Jays. That would have been back in the seventies or eighties, when they were still part of the Original Six, the Queen was invited to attend the first game at the facility.

The project was running away over budget and behind schedule.

Just hours before the first game was to begin, they somehow learned that one of the construction workers had used the Queen's toilet. They had to hurriedly replace it with a new toilet before the Queen arrived. Couldn't have the Queen sitting on a toilet someone else had used
Funny story.

Also, your honesty is showing... :blink

The Original Six was hockey (NHL up to '67) and the Toronto team is the Maple Leafs.

Toronto Blue Jays play Major League Baseball.

I've never been to any of either team's home games, but did see a retractable-roof stadium that was recently built near the base of the CN Tower back in '89...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:15 pm

Back when I worked on it, they called it Sky Dome. Since then, I believe, they've changed it to some fancy, high-tech sort of name.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:13 pm

Someone suggested I could reduce this Internet tracking by using Chrome in incognito mode. I tried it, but whenever I try to do a search I get redirected to Yahoo. Is that supposed to happen?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:59 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:27 pm
the Queen was invited to attend the first game at the facility
How's she doing these days?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic