Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Happy Boxing Day

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Happy Boxing Day

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:41 am

What day isn't a shopping holiday these days...
Boxing Day is a holiday celebrated after Christmas Day, occurring on the second day of Christmastide (26 December).[1] Though it originated as a holiday to give gifts to the poor, today Boxing Day is primarily known as a shopping holiday. It originated in Great Britain and is celebrated in a number of countries that previously formed part of the British Empire. The attached bank holiday or public holiday may take place on 28 December if necessary to ensure it falls on a weekday. Boxing Day is also concurrent with the Christian festival Saint Stephen's Day.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: Happy Boxing Day

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:22 pm

We celebrate Boxing Day in Canada. I absolutely avoid going anywhere near a store on Boxing Day.

Boxing Day is an extension of Chritmas Day. It's like Christmas, only quieter. A day to relax at home.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic