Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Something I've never done before

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Something I've never done before

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:32 pm

Great.

Now, welcome back to reality. :razz

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:39 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:29 pm
Boy, that fucking 36 degrees sure smacked me in the face this afternoon 😡

Anyway, the reason I created this thread was because I've always been scared shitless to fly. It seems a number of posters here have done it routinely. I was shitting blue cobblers when we were taking off from Detroit, but by the time we were over Georgia, I was looking out the window. The trip home was a cinch.

That said, in my 37 years of life, this was my first real vacation, and I loved every second of it. A flight, Florida, a cruise, the Bahamas and back....it felt great. I highly suggest it!
How much laxative did you take, if you thought you were going to poop blue?

I've flown down south to see family a handful of times, same airports each time but that's the only place I've ever flown. I have never been to FL myself.

The thing I don't like about the whole flying thing is the hassle of the airport, it's a full out war on my sensory issues. The noise and all the people. This is why I prefer to just drive the 13-14 hours, with an overnight stop but sometimes that's just not possible, with work.

Now the whole cruise thing and being on a boat, I'm not certain I could handle that.
Last edited by Deleted User 15835 on Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:54 am

Riff Raff wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:39 am

The thing I don't like about the whole flying thing is the hassle of the airport, it's a full out war on my sensory issues. The noise and all the people. This is why I prefer to just drive the 13-14 hours, with an overnight stop but sometimes that's just not possible, with work.

Amen, Brother.
As soon as you enter the terminal you surrender your human dignity and you don't regain it until you leave the terminal at the other end.

I hate it.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:00 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:54 am
Riff Raff wrote:

Amen, Brother.
As soon as you enter the terminal you surrender your human dignity and you don't regain it until you leave the terminal at the other end.

I hate it.
It likely has to do with me being on the autistic spectrum(milder end) and the issues that come with it. Yeah, I feel like I'm about to go in for surgery or something. :lol

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:08 am

I'm going to be flying 7 days this month, I flew through the Detroit Metro last night. The process is seamless, unless you're on a dirtbag carrier the planes leave and arrive on time.

There are numerous ways to never have to speak to anyone except the TSA agent. Airline perks memberships, TSA pre ✔️ or nexus for tt, you can even do valet parking.

I would say without a doubt if you don't like traveling through an airport these days you aren't paying attention to how to do it correctly. Hell I bet sex is miserable if you don't do it the right way.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:26 pm

Riff Raff wrote:

The thing I don't like about the whole flying thing is the hassle of the airport, it's a full out war on my sensory issues. The noise and all the people.
That's sort of like the feeling I get when I'm in Toronto and have to ride the subway.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:29 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:26 pm
Riff Raff wrote:

The thing I don't like about the whole flying thing is the hassle of the airport, it's a full out war on my sensory issues. The noise and all the people.
That's sort of like the feeling I get when I'm in Toronto and have to ride the subway.
Never been on a Subway but seeing pictures of NYC and Chicago, I think to myself " No way I could do that".

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:57 am

It's the best way to get around in a city

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:24 am

The metro in DC is great! I love taking it to Roslyn, VA and walking across the Key Bridge to Georgetown.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:52 pm

Took the metro as part of a class trip in high school in the mid 90s. Even back then, it was outstanding.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:45 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:24 am
The metro in DC is great! I love taking it to Roslyn, VA and walking across the Key Bridge to Georgetown.
With the way DC is designed, cars are just not very practical. I've been here since Friday and never rent a car. If you fly into DCA, it's Metro all the way.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:45 am
Matt wrote:
With the way DC is designed, cars are just not very practical. I've been here since Friday and never rent a car. If you fly into DCA, it's Metro all the way.
Agreed. When I was there in February, I either took the Metro or walked everywhere. One night I hit most of the memorials on foot.

I hope you had fun at the game.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:06 pm

We won, so yes
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:35 pm

Matt wrote:
We were there for Promise Keepers in October 97. We parked in Maryland and took it down.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9710/04/promise.keepers.pm/
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:11 am

How abusive was the security at the boarding line?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic