Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Police Harassment of Second Amendment Proponents

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Police Harassment of Second Amendment Proponents

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:35 pm

Tampa Police recover 23 guns in arrest of suspected drug dealer

Two suspects were arrested following a drug investigation that led to the recovery of both weapons and narcotics.

Just before 4 PM on Friday, November 18, 2022, Tampa Police officers executed a search warrant for narcotics at a home located at 3608 N 28th Street. Officers had previously conducted an undercover narcotics investigation at the residence.

When officers made entry into the home, Zavid Hill (DOB 3/06/1998) and Roland Fletcher (DOB 1/17/2001) fled on foot from the property. Both suspects were quickly located and arrested. Fletcher was found to have a 9 mm handgun in his possession.

During the search of the home, officers recovered a total of 23 firearms, including 13 handguns, 9 rifles, and one shotgun. Several of the handguns were reported stolen to the Tampa Police Department. Drugs were also found and seized from inside the residence, including 35 grams of cocaine and 85 grams of Fentanyl pills.

Hill is facing charges including resisting an officer without violence, possession of cocaine with intent to sell, armed trafficking in cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia, armed possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, felon in possession of a firearm, and violation of probation (felon in possession of a firearm, carrying a concealed firearm, reckless driving).

Fletcher is facing charges of resisting an officer without violence and carrying a concealed firearm.

"I am proud of the proactive police work that led to our officers taking nearly two dozen guns out of the hands of criminals," said Police Chief Mary O'Connor. "Investigations like this continue to play a key role in keeping our city safe. I also hope this case serves as a reminder to those who own weapons to make sure their firearms are properly secured so they don't fall into the wrong hands."
https://www.tampa.gov/news/tampa-police ... ler-110496

Tampa is 423 miles from Niceville.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

HD74

Re: Police Harassment of Second Amendment Proponents

Post by HD74 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:19 pm

Is this part of your mongol gun enthusiasts series?
Or just part of the all bikers suck initiative?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:27 pm

HD74 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:19 pm
Is this part of your mongol gun enthusiasts series?
Or just part of the all bikers suck initiative?
I don't believe that either the harassers or the harassees were bikers.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:31 pm

Wow! Other people can suck too? Maybe we’ve reached a consensus? Audiophile it may not take a terrorist act after all!

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Deleted User 15905

Post by Deleted User 15905 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:16 pm

I have family members that are bikers. Great people and all are charitable. You never know one could save your life one day.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:52 pm

I don't believe there were any bikers involved in this story. Just gun enthusiasts.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:54 am

Some people thing that the Second Amendment gives them the right to keep and bear arms Others say that they have the right to keep and arm bears.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic