Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Exaggeration Of The Importance Of Organic Chemistry

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ben Zonia

Exaggeration Of The Importance Of Organic Chemistry

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:10 pm

Recently, an Organic Chemistry Professor resigned from a Major University because the students said he made it too difficult. News pundits have reported this, and said that it was supposed to be difficult, and that you wouldn't want to go to a Physician that hadn't done well in it. The ability to both memorize and reason have traditionally been important skills for Medical Students and Physicians. But what the news pundits don't understand is that Organic Chemistry has very little significance and importance in the actual PRACTICE of Medicine. In fact, most practicing Physicians cannot remember the common names of some of the simplest Organic compounds, given the chemical formula. And reasoning is becoming less important because much of it has been reduced to Medical Practice Cookbooks, euphemistically known as Protocols. Basically, Physicans today are usually EMPLOYED in Group Practices and Hospitals, and are basically told what to do by regulations, insurance companies, and both Medical and Nonmedical supervisory personnel chains of command. This includes limitation of the time spent with patients, and pressure to see more and more patients, with the implicit and explicit threat of dismissal. Many Physicians are leaving practice earlier and earlier because of all this, if they are financially able, or going into different less stressful occupations in semi retirement. "Step out of line, and the Man takes you away".

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Circle Seven

Re: Exaggeration Of The Importance Of Organic Chemistry

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:37 pm

I myself know several RN's that have quit. Making more money working from home for the insurance companies. Less stress. More free time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic