Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What Covid Measures May Become Permanent?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
originalzzmfmjock

Re: What Covid Measures May Become Permanent?

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:54 pm

I tell my kids that back in the day we didn't wear seatbelts. I even had a few cars that didn't have any seat belts. In a few years my kids will be saying, "I remember when people went places and didn't wear masks all the time."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:50 pm

originalzzmfmjock wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:54 pm
I tell my kids that back in the day we didn't wear seatbelts. I even had a few cars that didn't have any seat belts. In a few years my kids will be saying, "I remember when people went places and didn't wear masks all the time."
Kind of like "I remember when people used to smoke indoors around other people."

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:55 pm

Kinda

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:22 pm

Riding on the bus today, a passenger was berating the woman sitting across the aisle from him because she was wearing a mask. Kept reciting to her all the statistics from the Internet proving that wearing a mask causes covid.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:45 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:22 pm
Riding on the bus today, a passenger was berating the woman sitting across the aisle from him because she was wearing a mask. Kept reciting to her all the statistics from the Internet proving that wearing a mask causes covid.
What an asshole. I'd have told the guy to knock it off or he's gone. I don't have time for bullshit or fights or anything else.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:28 pm

My own view is people can do what they like, as long as they don't force me to do it. We can't get our boxers in a wad every time covid cases rise. We have to live with this but I do agree people need to stop using this to push there warped political views, either side. As well as trusting crap they read from a FB meme. Anti-Vaxxers are just morons.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:29 pm

Riding my bike out on the trail today I saw a guy wearing a face mask while riding his bike. He was outdoors, in the fresh air, on a bike. What are the chances of getting any nearer than ten feet from anyone?

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:53 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:50 pm
originalzzmfmjock wrote:
Kind of like "I remember when people used to smoke indoors around other people."
Back in the late 1990s, just over the state line in Ohio there was this restaurant called Rosie's, they had 2 locations in Toledo but 1 was like 2 minutes from the state line. Anyway, Rosie's went smoke free around 1997 or so.

People were just in shock I remember. They stayed in business for a number of years after that, then closed both restaurants to open up a more affluent place. Ohio passed a strict smoking ban in 2006, which banned smoking from nearly every public place. Then many Ohio people came over the line to go to the now defunct MT Loonies and Michigan Tavern in Temperance Mi. Around 2010 or so, then Michigan followed suit I remember with a smoking ban.

Now the idea of lighting up inside a place is just weird. It's going to be a long time until the mask thing is totally gone but the guy on a bike outside with it on, yeah I'd just laugh to myself at that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:09 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:29 pm
Riding my bike out on the trail today I saw a guy wearing a face mask while riding his bike. He was outdoors, in the fresh air, on a bike. What are the chances of getting any nearer than ten feet from anyone?
For a moment on a trail he’d be right next to somebody… still it’s beyond dumb :lol

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:35 am

Turkeytop wrote:
I actually feel kind of sorry for people like that. The amount of anxiety they must be suffering from will do more damage to their health than will not wearing a mask on a bike path.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:03 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:35 am
Turkeytop wrote:
I actually feel kind of sorry for people like that. The amount of anxiety they must be suffering from will do more damage to their health than will not wearing a mask on a bike path.
This, 100%. I feel the same about some folks who are bent on "organic food". Sure, on some things that might make a long-term difference, but agonizing over it on every little thing has to be hard on numerous bodily systems.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:18 am

I don’t wear a mask outside either, but we need to respect people who are cancer patients and others who feel they do.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:41 pm

I was pulling into Target the other day and some guy was wearing a mask in his car, with no one inside but him. :lol . It takes all kinds I guess.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:49 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:53 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
originalzzmfmjock wrote:
Back in the late 1990s, just over the state line in Ohio there was this restaurant called Rosie's, they had 2 locations in Toledo but 1 was like 2 minutes from the state line. Anyway, Rosie's went smoke free around 1997 or so.

People were just in shock I remember. They stayed in business for a number of years after that, then closed both restaurants to open up a more affluent place. Ohio passed a strict smoking ban in 2006, which banned smoking from nearly every public place. Then many Ohio people came over the line to go to the now defunct MT Loonies and Michigan Tavern in Temperance Mi. Around 2010 or so, then Michigan followed suit I remember with a smoking ban.

Now the idea of lighting up inside a place is just weird. It's going to be a long time until the mask thing is totally gone but the guy on a bike outside with it on, yeah I'd just laugh to myself at that.
I loved Rosie's. We used to be regulars at the Sylvania Ave. location until it closed. Went to the Italian Grille for my birthday 2 years ago and it was good, but it was more expensive than the original one. Love their Hot Mama bread.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:45 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:49 pm
Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:53 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
originalzzmfmjock wrote:

I loved Rosie's. We used to be regulars at the Sylvania Ave. location until it closed. Went to the Italian Grille for my birthday 2 years ago and it was good, but it was more expensive than the original one. Love their Hot Mama bread.
I had always gone to the Secor rd location, as it was closer. The place they place they have now out in Springfield twp, I've been there once and it was very good, albeit a tad pricey.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic