Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What Covid Measures May Become Permanent?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: What Covid Measures May Become Permanent?

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:12 pm

I think, for some people, the face mask will be a permanent fashion accessory.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:51 pm

"I think, for some people, the face mask will be a permanent fashion accessory."

The ladies tell me I look even more handsome with one on! :hat

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:55 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:53 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:50 pm
originalzzmfmjock wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:54 pm
I tell my kids that back in the day we didn't wear seatbelts. I even had a few cars that didn't have any seat belts. In a few years my kids will be saying, "I remember when people went places and didn't wear masks all the time."
Kind of like "I remember when people used to smoke indoors around other people."
Back in the late 1990s, just over the state line in Ohio there was this restaurant called Rosie's, they had 2 locations in Toledo but 1 was like 2 minutes from the state line. Anyway, Rosie's went smoke free around 1997 or so.

People were just in shock I remember. They stayed in business for a number of years after that, then closed both restaurants to open up a more affluent place. Ohio passed a strict smoking ban in 2006, which banned smoking from nearly every public place. Then many Ohio people came over the line to go to the now defunct MT Loonies and Michigan Tavern in Temperance Mi. Around 2010 or so, then Michigan followed suit I remember with a smoking ban.

Now the idea of lighting up inside a place is just weird. It's going to be a long time until the mask thing is totally gone but the guy on a bike outside with it on, yeah I'd just laugh to myself at that.
There was a bar on the east side of Toledo that was pretty much openly flaunting the smoking ban as late as 2020....then it burned down because someone left a smoldering cig in a beer can that got thrown in the trash at closing time. It reopened but the owner said "no more smoking whatsoever" on FB before it did.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:07 pm

There are some in Ontario pushing for a return of mask mandates.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic