Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Am I Woke?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: Am I Woke?

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:17 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:12 pm
I guess I can't decribe myself as progressive. I'm a luddite.
And if you are comfortable being a Luddite, you should be able to do so without being scorned and made fun of by people that consider themselves to be woke.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:07 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:56 am
Damn did I trigger the Liberal Buzzboard woke folk today!!
My job is done here....
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:07 am
"Y'all"...(lol) woke and Liberal/Progressive/Democrats can have the last word, "Woke" is a joke, spare me the detailed diatribes and reasoning a few of you have posted in reply to me, if you're so offended by my post, ask the administrator to delete my posts or cancel/delete me, which is what the Left loves to do.
Yes I admit , "woke" ism...is a subject that pisses me off to no avail...
Carry on...I have work to do around the house, taking advantage of this late October Saturday warm weather...
lol

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:34 am
dchildress wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:48 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:26 am
Woke is just a slur for someone who is progressive.
This is what I also understand it to be.
And "progressive" is just an attempt to put perfume on the pig that was a leftist liberal Marxist.
Do you even know what all those big words mean or do you string them together like a wind up doll?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:52 pm

Bryce wrote:

And "progressive" is just an attempt to put perfume on the pig that was a leftist liberal Marxist.
Leftist liberal Marxist is an oxymoron. You offend all of us leftist Marxists by lumping us in with Liberals.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:47 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:52 pm
Bryce wrote:

Leftist liberal Marxist is an oxymoron. You offend all of us leftist Marxists by lumping us in with Liberals.
You'll have to forgive him... he doesn't really know what any of it means.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:21 pm

He's trying

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:40 pm

Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:42 pm
.... No Native American wants their nationality being remembered in a sports team. How would you like to be nicknamed the Atlanta Crackers? ....
You really need to go talk to people.
Turn off the warm fuzzy glow of whatever devices you get your view of the world from and get out and talk to people live and in person.
Find someone First Nation and talk to them face to face.

Oh wait, you don't know what that means, do you?
Yeah, so far the boob tube and tablet and phone that shapes all your thoughts in life hasn't told you yet.
"Native American" isn't a term that the folks you call Native American call themselves.

When you do actually get out, you're going to come to the realization that First Nation isn't offended by the names of a sports team.
Sure, just like anything else, the "woke" mentality of those who are not First Nation think it's a noble cause to change sports team names.
But like anything else that makes everyone go "huh?", it's only the vocal minority that really cares.

And if by chance, you run into someone that calls themselves a Native American, and when you say First Nation they fog up,
tell 'em I said they are nothing but a Fake Injun.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:59 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:40 pm
.... No Native American wants their nationality being remembered in a sports team. How would you like to be nicknamed the Atlanta Crackers? ....
You really need to go talk to people.
Turn off the warm fuzzy glow of whatever devices you get your view of the world from and get out and talk to people live and in person.
Find someone First Nation and talk to them face to face.

Oh wait, you don't know what that means, do you?
Yeah, so far the boob tube and tablet and phone that shapes all your thoughts in life hasn't told you yet.
"Native American" isn't a term that the folks you call Native American call themselves.

When you do actually get out, you're going to come to the realization that First Nation isn't offended by the names of a sports team.
Sure, just like anything else, the "woke" mentality of those who are not First Nation think it's a noble cause to change sports team names.
But like anything else that makes everyone go "huh?", it's only the vocal minority that really cares.

And if by chance, you run into someone that calls themselves a Native American, and when you say First Nation they fog up,
tell 'em I said they are nothing but a Fake Injun.
As i recall the EMU Hurons became the Eagles at the behest of a couple First Nation folks aided by a lot of white liberal professors.

Realistically people choose a mascot based on how tough it is. So if anything it’s an honorific. Redskins was just kinda dumb. But none of the First Nation folks (are we in Canada now?) are red skinned or frankly look like the mascot.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 pm

I think where it's really hurt is in the movies. I haven't seen a great, new, funny movie in quite some time. Nobody wants to make jokes anymore which, ironically, would probably ease some folks up a little. I always enjoyed a good stupid funny movie from time to time. It sucks because I feel like all I'm treated to anymore is movies like "The Korean Immigrant Carries Water For a Living and Lives on One Bowl of Rice a Day" which bore me to tears.

Shit is so out of whack right now, I don't think we have enough bread crumbs to get back to anything. I am not a hateful, hurtful person but STILL feel like I have to watch what I say and who I say it around. I got a talking to from my sister-in-law because I gave my Chihuahua a Cheech Marin sounding voice. I was stunned. There has been a few times where I've said attitudes like that is why people like Trump win elections. Nothing's shocking anymore.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:09 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:00 pm
"Woke" is taking Uncle Ben off the rice packages,
"Woke" is taking the grinning Indian caricature off the baseball caps
"Woke" is changing names from Native American sports teams and banning mascots that paid tribute to the Native American culture
"Woke" is taking the lady off the syrup bottles
"Woke" is taking the Native American woman off the tubs of butter/margarine
"Woke" is letting adult biological men who feel like a woman compete against adult biological women in high skilled athletic competitions
"Woke" is addressing someone as "they" instead of their given name and biological gender
"Woke" is screaming for Law Enforcement to be defunded
"Woke" is designated "safe spaces" and "no Caucasians allowed" spaces as well
"Woke" is when all else fails and no other choice, pull "the card" and all blame falls on Whitey no matter how wrong the offending party is...
"Woke" is the attempt at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach that all Caucasians are inherently racist and the issues/problems and troubles of other ethnicities are all the cause of the racist behavior and treatment from the White man...
That's "Woke"
I await stupid replies....
Black people were stereotyped as servants.

No Native American wants their nationality being remembered in a sports team. How would you like to be nicknamed the Atlanta Crackers?

Transgender people are valid and deserve to be in sports.
There are people who are non binary. Go meet them. Also valid.
Blacks are getting tortured by police on a daily basis.
Your church is a safe space, skippy.
CRT is only taught in grad school.

Sorry that I don’t support bullying like your bigoted ass.
I know I sleep better at night knowing the lady and gentleman are off the syrup and rice boxes
No issues being named after a saltine snack
Many Indians and First Nations are honored they are sports teams nicknames
Trans Men who feel like a woman have a distinct physical advantage over biological adult females, you advocate that unfair advantage? And you claim you are for "Women's Rights"??
I don't attend church, I find religion full of hypocrisy, like the Democratic Party
Blacks are NOT getting tortured by law enforcement on a daily basis, stop watching MSNBC (Maybe if negative interaction with Law Enforcement is avoided, mainly STOP BREAKING THE LAW, no one gets hurt, simple process 99% of adults understand and follow)
CRT, regardless of where or when/how it is taught, is a racist ideology, but I'm sure you're ok with it because your favorite political and social leaders tell you it is, instead of thinking for yourself
Non-Binary is a complete made up term, if you have female DNA in you, and you were born a biological female, you just cannot declare yourself non-binary, science would say otherwise, remember science? It's what you Liberals screamed at the rest of us to follow, remember that? Ironic you tell us to "follow the science", except when it comes to gender identity

You call me "bigoted", or you like using that term when someone doesn't agree on your social and political views?
Thank you for not disappointing me in waiting on stupid replies, you passed with flying colors
Make sure you watch your heroes on "The View", I'm sure you are all about Joy....

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:00 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:09 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:00 pm
"Woke" is taking Uncle Ben off the rice packages,
"Woke" is taking the grinning Indian caricature off the baseball caps
"Woke" is changing names from Native American sports teams and banning mascots that paid tribute to the Native American culture
"Woke" is taking the lady off the syrup bottles
"Woke" is taking the Native American woman off the tubs of butter/margarine
"Woke" is letting adult biological men who feel like a woman compete against adult biological women in high skilled athletic competitions
"Woke" is addressing someone as "they" instead of their given name and biological gender
"Woke" is screaming for Law Enforcement to be defunded
"Woke" is designated "safe spaces" and "no Caucasians allowed" spaces as well
"Woke" is when all else fails and no other choice, pull "the card" and all blame falls on Whitey no matter how wrong the offending party is...
"Woke" is the attempt at "CRT" being introduced into Public schools to teach that all Caucasians are inherently racist and the issues/problems and troubles of other ethnicities are all the cause of the racist behavior and treatment from the White man...
That's "Woke"
I await stupid replies....
Black people were stereotyped as servants.

No Native American wants their nationality being remembered in a sports team. How would you like to be nicknamed the Atlanta Crackers?

Transgender people are valid and deserve to be in sports.
There are people who are non binary. Go meet them. Also valid.
Blacks are getting tortured by police on a daily basis.
Your church is a safe space, skippy.
CRT is only taught in grad school.

Sorry that I don’t support bullying like your bigoted ass.
I know I sleep better at night knowing the lady and gentleman are off the syrup and rice boxes
No issues being named after a saltine snack
Many Indians and First Nations are honored they are sports teams nicknames
Trans Men who feel like a woman have a distinct physical advantage over biological adult females, you advocate that unfair advantage? And you claim you are for "Women's Rights"??
I don't attend church, I find religion full of hypocrisy, like the Democratic Party
Blacks are NOT getting tortured by law enforcement on a daily basis, stop watching MSNBC (Maybe if negative interaction with Law Enforcement is avoided, mainly STOP BREAKING THE LAW, no one gets hurt, simple process 99% of adults understand and follow)
CRT, regardless of where or when/how it is taught, is a racist ideology, but I'm sure you're ok with it because your favorite political and social leaders tell you it is, instead of thinking for yourself
Non-Binary is a complete made up term, if you have female DNA in you, and you were born a biological female, you just cannot declare yourself non-binary, science would say otherwise, remember science? It's what you Liberals screamed at the rest of us to follow, remember that? Ironic you tell us to "follow the science", except when it comes to gender identity

You call me "bigoted", or you like using that term when someone doesn't agree on your social and political views?
Thank you for not disappointing me in waiting on stupid replies, you passed with flying colors
Make sure you watch your heroes on "The View", I'm sure you are all about Joy....
Jesus Christ, calm down. MCRF just trigged the fuck out of you.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:20 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 pm
I think where it's really hurt is in the movies. I haven't seen a great, new, funny movie in quite some time. Nobody wants to make jokes anymore which, ironically, would probably ease some folks up a little. I always enjoyed a good stupid funny movie from time to time. It sucks because I feel like all I'm treated to anymore is movies like "The Korean Immigrant Carries Water For a Living and Lives on One Bowl of Rice a Day" which bore me to tears.

Shit is so out of whack right now, I don't think we have enough bread crumbs to get back to anything. I am not a hateful, hurtful person but STILL feel like I have to watch what I say and who I say it around. I got a talking to from my sister-in-law because I gave my Chihuahua a Cheech Marin sounding voice. I was stunned. There has been a few times where I've said attitudes like that is why people like Trump win elections. Nothing's shocking anymore.
I have to disagree, I definitely feel the pendulum will swing back in the other direction, and I sorta see it in some places that people have grown tired of the way things are currently balanced. The problem I see is that media that sorta pushes boundaries and seeks to move the pendulum back the other way really isn't that good, with a few exceptions. I feel like Dave Chappelle's "The Closer" and the response that it got is a good example of how we will need to get back to a more sane time. It was a great performance and the material clearly was the type of thing that would rattle the cages of the more sensitive, but I feel like it got people in the community that he was aiming at to think. My wife is friends with plenty of transgender people because of a fandom she is in, and from what I gather, there are people who make noise about how upset they got and people who were silent about their agreement with the sentiment of the content.

I guess what I am trying to say is eventually, people will become more comfortable with laughing at inappropriate things once again, or more importantly, accepting that some things that make them uncomfortable can also be funny, or at least entertaining.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:02 pm

I don't think politically incorrect humor will ever be anywhere near as acceptable was it was before the dominance of social media. Places like Twitter give the 10% of the population who gets perpetually offended by anything and everything a dis-proportionally large microphone. And as long as those people have that microphone, and as long as the mainstream media is sympathetic to their outrage (both of which will be the case for the foreseeable future), not much is going to change. I actually see things getting even worse.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:02 pm
I don't think politically incorrect humor will ever be anywhere near as acceptable was it was before the dominance of social media. Places like Twitter give the 10% of the population who gets perpetually offended by anything and everything a dis-proportionally large microphone. And as long as those people have that microphone, and as long as the mainstream media is sympathetic to their outrage (both of which will be the case for the foreseeable future), not much is going to change. I actually see things getting even worse.
I’ve been watching old newscasts from the 1980’s and 1990’s lately, mainly evening news… god I miss the style of thinking at that time. Now I know how all those folks nostalgic for the 1950’s feel. The nonsense coming from some people just drives me insane.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:00 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:02 pm
Awww… I am so sorry that you can’t see black face no more.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic