Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Queen Dead; who won the bracket?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 15846

Re: Queen Dead; who won the bracket?

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:19 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:19 am
You need to appreciate the difference between the Monarchy and the person.

The monarchy is worthy of every bit of criticism levied at it.
They are not perfect and there is good reason to be critical, but some of the hateful statements levied at them are exaggerated or not true. I'm speaking of 17th and 18th century, I'm speaking of 20th and 21st century.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:31 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:39 am
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:56 am
My family tree is everywhere and everything, a big melting pot. I very much dislike it when members of The Government or the part of the population in general of The United States, put other nations down because " you not doing it our way", I see that as akin to going into a Lebanese restaurant and ordering a hamburger or asking for dairy in a Jewish Delicatessen.

I think King Charles III has his chance to win over the public and repair some of the blemishes on his past transgressions. Succeeding Queen Elizabeth II is going to be difficult to say the least!
I am certainly not expecting anyone to bow and “kiss the ring”, but I have been very alarmed at liberals who are mocking her death or acting like it’s no big deal. I also believe it to be unfair to criticize her as some of my friends of color have done and called her “colonizer”. She isn’t the reason apartheid existed. That was the decision of ambassadors or previous prime ministers. And I also heard someone say, “We will never know why the monarchy killed Diana.” And it’s not conservatives making these comments, all those who lean left! It just stunned me.
Apartheid cam into being in 1948. when The National Party came to power and the 4th PM of South Africa D.F Milan took power, he was instrumental in creating the system of separate in South Africa, oppressing the black majority. His predecessor, Jan Smuts drew ire from many Afrikaners, which lead to Milan coming to power. In the 1980s, during P.W Botha's reign, the world turned against South Africa's government. As far as I know, The Royal family never told or encouraged The National Party to keep those segregated polices in place.

I've heard that conspiracy theory on Diana and I find that very hard to believe.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:33 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:39 am
Mr. Peabody wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:56 am
My family tree is everywhere and everything, a big melting pot. I very much dislike it when members of The Government or the part of the population in general of The United States, put other nations down because " you not doing it our way", I see that as akin to going into a Lebanese restaurant and ordering a hamburger or asking for dairy in a Jewish Delicatessen.

I think King Charles III has his chance to win over the public and repair some of the blemishes on his past transgressions. Succeeding Queen Elizabeth II is going to be difficult to say the least!
I am certainly not expecting anyone to bow and “kiss the ring”, but I have been very alarmed at liberals who are mocking her death or acting like it’s no big deal. I also believe it to be unfair to criticize her as some of my friends of color have done and called her “colonizer”. She isn’t the reason apartheid existed. That was the decision of ambassadors or previous prime ministers. And I also heard someone say, “We will never know why the monarchy killed Diana.” And it’s not conservatives making these comments, all those who lean left! It just stunned me.
Seems OP went that that way too - Kind of odd.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:32 am

Just like the TV show of 30 years ago: Charles In Charge.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic