Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amazon Advice Needed

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Amazon Advice Needed

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:01 pm

Last week I did something I had hoped to never do in my lifetime. I ordered from Amazon. My wife couldn't find the item she wanted anywhere else..

Without even consulting me, they enrolled me in Amazon Prime. The first month free with the option to quit any time. Since it involves a membership fee and I don't expect to ever use it. I do want to get out of it.

How do I do that?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Amazon Advice Needed

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:36 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:01 pm
Last week I did something I had hoped to never do in my lifetime. I ordered from Amazon. My wife couldn't find the item she wanted anywhere else..

Without even consulting me, they enrolled me in Amazon Prime. The first month free with the option to quit any time. Since it involves a membership fee and I don't expect to ever use it. I do want to get out of it.

How do I do that?
You can't. It's like the mafia and Hotel California. Once you're in, you can never leave. On the plus side, Prime TV and movies is pretty good.

Just to tempt you...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=short+wave+r ... doa-p_2_17

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:44 pm

How to cancel Amazon Prime?
You can update, cancel, or pause your Prime membership by clicking Manage membership below. You will be redirected to Prime Central where you'll want to select Update, cancel, and more and follow the on-screen instructions. Paid members who haven't used their benefits are eligible for a full refund of the current membership period. This refund will be processed in 3-5 business days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/primecentral

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:36 pm
On the plus side, Prime TV and movies is pretty good.

I don't watch movies or TV. The last time we went out to a movie was about 30 years ago. My wife wanted to see Driving Miss Daisy. The last movie I watched at home would have been on VHS.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:59 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:38 pm
Bryce wrote:

I don't watch movies or TV. The last time we went out to a movie was about 30 years ago. My wife wanted to see Driving Miss Daisy. The last movie I watched at home would have been on VHS.
So what exactly do you do for entertainment?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:59 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Read. Listen to the radio. Crossword puzzles. Sudoku. Walk. Ride the bike. I'm never bored.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:34 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:59 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Read. Listen to the radio. Crossword puzzles. Sudoku. Walk. Ride the bike. I'm never bored.
and once a year on your birthday?????

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:08 pm

My late grandmother was a strict Baptist. She was against smoking, drinking, Dancing, playing cards, movies and TV, I always say, if it wasn't for my fondness for beer, I'd make a good Baptist, because I don't like any of those other things either.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:43 pm

Amazon prime is great. Thursday night NFL games, and a bunch of great shows. Since you got it this month, check out the Gordon Lightfoot documentary. Delivery in a day of virtually everything. Returns are simple.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:43 pm
Amazon prime is great. Thursday night NFL games, and a bunch of great shows. Since you got it this month, check out the Gordon Lightfoot documentary. Delivery in a day of virtually everything. Returns are simple.
It wouldn't interest me, even if I knew how to do it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:44 pm
How to cancel Amazon Prime?
You can update, cancel, or pause your Prime membership by clicking Manage membership below. You will be redirected to Prime Central where you'll want to select Update, cancel, and more and follow the on-screen instructions. Paid members who haven't used their benefits are eligible for a full refund of the current membership period. This refund will be processed in 3-5 business days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/primecentral
Got it done, Thanks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:07 am

You’re in a country where petrol is $5.50 a gallon+, why not get stuff sent to the house?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:35 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:07 am
You’re in a country where petrol is $5.50 a gallon+, why not get stuff sent to the house?
The idea of ordering from a picture on a screen, and then waiting for it, doesn't appeal to me. It's like when my mother used to order from the Sears Catalogue.

When I shop, I like to see, touch and feel what I'm buying, and then take it home with me.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:11 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:35 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:07 am
The idea of ordering from a picture on a screen, and then waiting for it, doesn't appeal to me. It's like when my mother used to order from the Sears Catalogue.

When I shop, I like to see, touch and feel what I'm buying, and then take it home with me.
Imagine if you could get it sent to your house in a day or two, touch and feel it, and then send it back if you don't like it!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:13 am

TurkeyTrot:
IMO Amazon is the way to go unless you got way too much time on your hands. I just can't see going from store to store trying to find an odd item. Let me tell you what sold me on Amazon:

About 4 years ago, The Boss (my wife) wanted one of those things you sit on your lap to set a laptop on. I drove to Target, Staples, Office Depot, Walmart and Meijer looking for one. Nada. The people at Staples and Office Depot said they hadn't carried those in awhile.

Got on Amazon. Badda Boom Badda Bing. Literally a hundred different ones in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Phooey on burning up my gas and my time running around looking for something.

Don't get me wrong. I'll still go storefront if I know the first place I look is going to have it. But multi-stops searching for something are over.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic