Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Storm Damage in Monroe County Tonight

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 15835

Storm Damage in Monroe County Tonight

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:26 am

Had a really heavy storm go through southern Monroe County tonight. Not much happened to me, but a decent amount of people lost power(not sure if it's back yet) in Lambertville, Temperance, Erie, and I would imagine Luna Pier. Someone I know had a big tree come down in their yard, narrowly missing their shed but broke a section of their split rail fence.

The acorns really pounded the back of my house pretty good, they are every place. Any of you have damage?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Storm Damage in Monroe County Tonight

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:26 am

Richmond in northern Macomb County had a tornado. I saw the pictures from a car on Main St in their downtown. Luckily, downtown Richmond is sparsely populated. No injuries that I am aware of. A former co worker lives near the New Haven-Richmond border. They have had 3-4 tornadoes within 5 miles of her during the past decade. Kind of a mini tornado alley similar to the one from where you are to Pinckney. Weird, wild, wacky stuff.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:53 am

Monroe county has gotten tornados obviously but to the south of me, over the boarder in Ohio, down I-75 a little bit, back in 2010 a town called Millbury had a F-4 tornado. So it seems more of them hit just to the south of me and of course Hillsdale county seems to get hit a lot too. However, growing up I remember a few pretty bad storms and yes tornados in southern Monroe county for sure.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:57 am

I had wires come down in my backyard and for 4 or 5 houses in either direction. It started the neighbors cedar bush on fire and there was a fire in a neighboring backyard all night. They finally got it out after they cut the power but it’s pretty bad. Nobody was hurt and no buildings were damaged as far as I’m aware. I’m in Wayne (city of).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic