Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Graham Wellington's List of Grievances

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Graham Wellington

Graham Wellington's List of Grievances

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:32 pm

Taking a note from Turkey, I thought I would warn everyone about the egregious experiences I've had with businesses. Here are my initial entries.

L.A. Spa, I-96 Exit 73: I was visiting the Nuvu gas station down the road when I saw a handwritten sign on the bulletin board for L.A. Spa advertising "Buy one rub, get a free tug". I was a little stiff from all my travels, so I figured I'd take them up on the offer. I entered the building and was shown to a room by a Chinawoman. She laid me down on the table and immediately went to work on my shoulders. She did an admirable job, and I drifted into a light slumber. I awakened a couple minutes later however to It moving around. I mean vigorously. The Chinawoman was slinging it around like a helicopter. I jumped down - "Little miss, what do you think you are doing!?" She tried to explain that it was part of the deal. Apparently they have a different interpretation of Tug - I thought I was receiving a free Traveler's Undergound Guide - a booklet advertising businesses who give away freebies to travelers. I hiked my drawers up, let them know I would be writing a letter to their manager, and left. There are plenty of other legit Oriental massage parlors!
Last edited by Graham Wellington on Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graham Wellington

Re: Graham Wellington's List of Grievances

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:38 pm

CBS Radio Network - I tuned in my local CBS station to get the top of the hour news. As usual, they read the latest headlines. However, at the end of the newscast, they directed me to go to a website to get further news. Getting news from the internet is as much news as streaming radio on the internet is radio. Its not radio, and it's not news. No sir! I will take my news at the top of the hour, and only then! I filed an FCC complaint, and hope they shut down the whole network for their egregious suggestion.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:00 pm

Just change your name back to Lucky again Maybe your luck will change.

Even better, change it back to deleted user again.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15840

Post by Deleted User 15840 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:36 pm

Was there a Chinawoman in front of the business flipping a sign around? and was she next to the Progressive Insurance kid with a sign? Was the Chinawoman listening to CBS News in L.A. Spa?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:55 am

Speedway - I decided to try out one of these new Speedway Service Stations. Not sure why it's called Speedway, didn't seem too speedy looking at the lines of people waiting for gas. I pulled up to one of these new fangled pumps, put it in park and shut off the engine. And I waited. And waited. Nothing. I finally started wailing on the horn. Finally, a pump jockey emerged from the garage, which for some reason appeared to be filled with soda pop and snacks. The morbidly obese jockey took his grand old time making it to my car. "Fill'er up with Ethyl, check the oil, and top off the tires at 32 pounds. And make it snappy, I'm late for bingo!" I implored. The pump jockey just stared at me, as if he had no idea what I was talking about. "Well are you going to just stand there?" He replied something to the fact that he just runs the cash register, and he expected me to pump my own gas. What? People actually stand for this? Forget it. I asked him where the nearest Standard station was. Again, he just stares at me like I'm speaking some foreign language. I put the car in gear and floored it, making sure to nudge some sort of display they had set up near the "pump", knocking it all to the ground.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:58 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:55 am
Speedway - I decided to try out one of these new Speedway Service Stations. Not sure why it's called Speedway, didn't seem too speedy looking at the lines of people waiting for gas. I pulled up to one of these new fangled pumps, put it in park and shut off the engine. And I waited. And waited. Nothing. I finally started wailing on the horn. Finally, a pump jockey emerged from the garage, which for some reason appeared to be filled with soda pop and snacks. The morbidly obese jockey took his grand old time making it to my car. "Fill'er up with Ethyl, check the oil, and top off the tires at 32 pounds. And make it snappy, I'm late for bingo!" I implored. The pump jockey just stared at me, as if he had no idea what I was talking about. "Well are you going to just stand there?" He replied something to the fact that he just runs the cash register, and he expected me to pump my own gas. What? People actually stand for this? Forget it. I asked him where the nearest Standard station was. Again, he just stares at me like I'm speaking some foreign language. I put the car in gear and floored it, making sure to nudge some sort of display they had set up near the "pump", knocking it all to the ground.
:lol :lol :lol

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic