Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

One Sided Road Construction

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 15783

One Sided Road Construction

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:01 am

Down by me they are doing some bridge repairs. First they closed one lane in one direction. Then they closed the other lane in the same direction. Left both lanes open in the other direction. Now they are working on the other direction. One lane is open. Both lanes are open in the direction they finished.

I got to thinking about this because I needed to take US23 from 96 to 69 this weekend. Both directions are down to one lane. What they are doing is fixing the seams. Dig out 2 or 3' feet of concrete where the slabs meet. And pour new.

It would seem to me this job could be done one direction at a time. If the same amount of people that were working on both directions all worked on one direction at a time, wouldn't each direction get done twice as fast? And the other direction wouldn't be down to one lane?

I'm going to start paying more attention to road work. See how often I see the same sort of thing. Was there really a need to reduce lanes in both directions at the same time.

matt1

Re: One Sided Road Construction

Post by matt1 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:31 am

M - 59 has construction paving the road starting at Livingston County Line.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: One Sided Road Construction

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:24 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:01 am
Down by me they are doing some bridge repairs. First they closed one lane in one direction. Then they closed the other lane in the same direction. Left both lanes open in the other direction. Now they are working on the other direction. One lane is open. Both lanes are open in the direction they finished.

I got to thinking about this because I needed to take US23 from 96 to 69 this weekend. Both directions are down to one lane. What they are doing is fixing the seams. Dig out 2 or 3' feet of concrete where the slabs meet. And pour new.

It would seem to me this job could be done one direction at a time. If the same amount of people that were working on both directions all worked on one direction at a time, wouldn't each direction get done twice as fast? And the other direction wouldn't be down to one lane?

I'm going to start paying more attention to road work. See how often I see the same sort of thing. Was there really a need to reduce lanes in both directions at the same time.
Yikes. That area is already not nice to drive. Combine that with the I-96 construction, and it sounds like you got a real clusterfuck over there.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic