Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dr. Pol, DVM

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ben Zonia

Dr. Pol, DVM

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:22 am

Why do they let animals die unattended overnight at his clinic instead of having an animal ambulance transport them to MSU Veterinary Clinic for necessary tertiary vet care? It's only 82 miles and 1:18 travel time. It breaks my heart if the animal could have been saved.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Turkeytop

Re: Dr. Pol, DVM

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:52 am

Many people can barely afford veterinary care in an emergency. The cost of the service you suggest would be completely beyond the means of some pet owners.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 pm

Friend of mine has a rescue. The past month or so, she finds at least three dogs a week tied to the fence when she gets there in the morning because the owners can no longer afford them. The Bidenconomy is even affecting dogs.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 pm
Friend of mine has a rescue. The past month or so, she finds at least three dogs a week tied to the fence when she gets there in the morning because the owners can no longer afford them. The Bidenconomy is even affecting dogs.
Those owners did the right thing. There are many cases where the owners simply neglect or abandon the animals.

There was a case in our city a few years ago where some bikers won a lottery jackpot. They knew there were warrants out for their arrest so they grabbed their winnings and took off, abandoning several dogs in the house. When the police raided the house several weeks later they found the dogs all dead. The door knobs were all chewed up from the largest dog, a German Shepherd trying to open them,

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:49 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:34 pm
[

Those owners did the right thing.
I don't really agree. Although it's better than leaving them in an abandoned home, there is a right way to surrender a dog to a rescue. Chaining them to a fence at night is not the right way. If they went about it the right way, they could get help with food, etc. and act as a foster family to their own dog until the rescue finds a new home for it. Much less stressful on the dog as well as the rescue.

I hope those bikers get visited by the fuck you karma fairy.
Last edited by Bryce on Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:49 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
[

I don't really agree. Although it's better than leaving them in an abandoned home, there is a right way to surrender a dog to a rescue. Chaining them to a fence at night is not the right way.

I believe they're still in prison.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:50 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:49 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
[

I don't really agree. Although it's better than leaving them in an abandoned home, there is a right way to surrender a dog to a rescue. Chaining them to a fence at night is not the right way.

I believe they're still in prison.
Hopefully getting done dry in the backside on a daily basis.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:13 pm

That story will haunt me for the rest of the day, TT. There is a very special place in hell for any piece of shit that would harm a dog.

I walk dogs for a rescue here a couple nights a week and what they are finding is a lot of people are surrendering the animals they adopted to get thru the pandemic. Whether they now dont have the time, the heart, the money, isn't really clear.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:01 pm

A neighbour of ours got a Border Collie pup during the work from home phase of the pandemic. When it cam time to return to the office, she started loccking the dog inside a small room all day. Then she wondered why the dog started having behavioral issues.

In the end, she had to surrender to dog.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:48 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:13 pm
That story will haunt me for the rest of the day, TT. There is a very special place in hell for any piece of shit that would harm a dog.

I walk dogs for a rescue here a couple nights a week and what they are finding is a lot of people are surrendering the animals they adopted to get thru the pandemic. Whether they now dont have the time, the heart, the money, isn't really clear.
I don't disagree here, but why doesn't a viable fetus at least get the same level of respect as a dog in this world?
Last edited by audiophile on Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:15 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:48 pm
Honeyman wrote:

I don't disagree here, but why doesn't a viable fetus at least the same level of respect as a dog in this world?

:roll:

The censorship king from out of state.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:42 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:48 pm
Honeyman wrote:

I don't disagree here, but why doesn't a viable fetus at least get the same level of respect as a dog in this world?
A point well taken.

But dogs are better than people. Their love is unconditional, like the Lord's. And except in extreme transgressions, they always forgive. That's why we have so much love for them.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:57 pm

Some very good discussion in this thread.

I do have to ask Ben why he specifically mentioned Dr. Pol earlier? I was unaware he allows "animals to die unattended overnight."

I presume this is distinct and separate from euthanasia for suffering animals, which usually results in instant or near instant death.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:57 pm
Some very good discussion in this thread.

I do have to ask Ben why he specifically mentioned Dr. Pol earlier? I was unaware he allows "animals to die unattended overnight."

I presume this is distinct and separate from euthanasia for suffering animals, which usually results in instant or near instant death.
I guess because Dr. Pol is on Cable TV.

And no, it wasn't always euthanasia. I have nothing against Dr. Pol, and in the vast majority of cases, he does wonderful work. I just was very upset when more could probably have been done and it wasn't. Now if it was a Pit Bull, I might not have cared.

He puts himself out there with the TV show. If he's threatening to sue you, take the thread down. He's a public figure, and people have a right to their opinions. I think much worse things about the people on "The View".

Dr. Pol does give a realistic view of the downside of Veterinary Medicine. So many kids say they want to be a Vet or a Nurse, and literally don't know about the excrement they will have to deal with.

If I had been a Vet, I probably would have put this on my "shingle". "Practice Limited To Cute Dogs and Cats". The large farm animals look like a nightmare to deal with.
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:11 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:42 am
...except in extreme transgressions, they always forgive...
Reminds me of an old joke.

How do you prove that dog is man's best friend? Lock up your dog and your wife in the trunk of a car for a half an hour. Which of the two is happy to see you when you open the trunk?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic