Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dr. Pol, DVM

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Dr. Pol, DVM

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:11 pm

Reminds me of an old joke.

How do you prove that dog is man's best friend? Lock up your dog and your wife in the trunk of a car for a half an hour. Which of the two is happy to see you when you open the trunk?
:rollin :rollin

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:28 pm

I highly doubt Dr. Pol is reading the Buzzboard. I asked my question only because I thought perhaps you saw something troubling on his TV show or knew someone who brought a pet or farm animal to his clinic for treatment.

I definitely agree with your "realistic" comment regarding the unsavory aspects of veterinary work. I hate watching the segments where he examines pregnant cows. :)

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:43 pm

I've never heard of this person before, but I have been to Weidman once. It is arguably the white trash capital of Michigan - how does this guy have a show?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:47 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:11 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:57 pm
Some very good discussion in this thread.

I do have to ask Ben why he specifically mentioned Dr. Pol earlier? I was unaware he allows "animals to die unattended overnight."

I presume this is distinct and separate from euthanasia for suffering animals, which usually results in instant or near instant death.
I guess because Dr. Pol is on Cable TV.

And no, it wasn't always euthanasia. I have nothing against Dr. Pol, and in the vast majority of cases, he does wonderful work. I just was very upset when more could probably have been done and it wasn't. Now if it was a Pit Bull, I might not have cared.

He puts himself out there with the TV show. If he's threatening to sue you, take the thread down. He's a public figure, and people have a right to their opinions. I think much worse things about the people on "The View".

Dr. Pol does give a realistic view of the downside of Veterinary Medicine. So many kids say they want to be a Vet or a Nurse, and literally don't know about the excrement they will have to deal with.

If I had been a Vet, I probably would have put this on my "shingle". "Practice Limited To Cute Dogs and Cats". The large farm animals look like a nightmare to deal with.
Go to hell you piece of shit.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Dr. Pol is one of a very few shows I ever watch on TV.

It leaves me with three distinct impressions about Michigan.

People in Michigan have wierd pets. Llamas, Emus, Camels, Reindeer.

Everyone in Michigan has teeth missing.

It's always winter in Michigan.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:53 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:50 pm
Dr. Pol is one of a very few shows I ever watch on TV.

It leaves me with three distinct impressions about Michiga.

People in Michigan have wierd pets. Llamas, Emus, Camels, Reindeer.

Everyone in Michigan has teeth missing.

It's always winter in Michigan.
Weidman is not representative of Michigan.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:06 pm

So, who's the hottest?

Dr. Brenda?

Or

Dr. Nicole?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:09 pm

NO ONE NEEDS a PIT BULL. A CHIHUAHUA will bark and eventually alert the police, unless the intruders shoot it. The police will come much later, and hopefully they'll still be able to revive you.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:51 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:09 pm
NO ONE NEEDS a PIT BULL. A CHIHUAHUA will bark and eventually alert the police, unless the intruders shoot it. The police will come much later, and hopefully they'll still be able to revive you.
What are you even saying?!? Nobody NEEDS Golden Retreiver either. Have you ever been to a dog rescue or a pound? 50 percent of the dogs in there are pits or pit mixes. They are smart, loyal, funny, great dogs.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:01 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:51 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
What are you even saying?!? Nobody NEEDS Golden Retreiver either. Have you ever been to a dog rescue or a pound? 50 percent of the dogs in there are pits or pit mixes. They are smart, loyal, funny, great dogs.
Pit bulls are misunderstood. Very welcoming dogs when treated right.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:25 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:51 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
In metro Detroit then number is closer to 80 percent. Many are feral and never will be suitable to be a family pet.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:23 pm

Sad but true, Bryce. I've seen a handful of those feral dogs while driving.
(Weidman) is arguably the white trash capital of Michigan
Isn't that a very rural area with mostly farmland?

I'd argue parts of Newaygo County cannot possibly be topped for "white trashiest" honors.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:50 pm

Weidman and surrounding areas may not be a very prosperous area, but you would be very safe outside there, unlike major cities and surrounding areas. Safe to change a tire. Not far from CMU. Some professors live nearby. I used to drive through near there quite frequently.

A friend from school lives near Novi. They bought some problem dogs, and she wanted to have a DNA test on the dogs to see if they were part pit bull. Her husband didn't want pit bulls, and the vet told her that if she didn't want to know if they were, don't get a DNA test, because they likely are.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:44 pm

Why can't we be allowed to euthanasia people? We can do it to dogs, who are part of our family. Why can't we do it to other family members? Or other people who are not family members?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic