Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Worst hotels you’ve stayed at

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Worst hotels you’ve stayed at

Post by Matt » Mon May 30, 2022 7:19 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 12:31 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 11:31 am
Now, we just about always stay at Hampton Inn because you can rely on them to be good clean rooms. A couple of years ago we stopped at one in Kentucky. The room was up to standard but, oddly, there was no waste basket in the bathroom.

The next morning, when I went in to shower, I found the waste basket. It was in the tub, behind the shower curtain, with puke in it I set it out in the hallway and called down to the desk to report it.

When I went to the desk to check out, he refunded our money for the night. I'll bet the maid was in trouble over that.
I highly recommend the Country Inn and Suites locations if stopping in Kentucky. We stay near Corbin there. The whole chain is well run.
Isn't that g g land?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 31, 2022 1:23 am

Matt wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 7:19 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Now, we just about always stay at Hampton Inn because you can rely on them to be good clean rooms. A couple of years ago we stopped at one in Kentucky. The room was up to standard but, oddly, there was no waste basket in the bathroom.

The next morning, when I went in to shower, I found the waste basket. It was in the tub, behind the shower curtain, with puke in it I set it out in the hallway and called down to the desk to report it.

When I went to the desk to check out, he refunded our money for the night. I'll bet the maid was in trouble over that.
I highly recommend the Country Inn and Suites locations if stopping in Kentucky. We stay near Corbin there. The whole chain is well run.
Isn't that g g land?
Sadly, yes. But still a good stop if you are headed to Atlanta or Florida. Just saying.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

thatonedude

Worst hotels you’ve stayed at

Post by thatonedude » Tue May 31, 2022 1:47 pm

Now that I’m thinking about it, the best hotel I stayed at was the Gaylord Texan in DFW. Very nice rooms, and the atrium area was beautiful. Went there for a school-related event years ago, and loved it. It was also close to damn near everything major in DFW, which made it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 31, 2022 3:03 pm

Tue May 31, 2022 1:23 am
Matt wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 7:19 am
Turkeytop wrote:

Isn't that g g land?
Sadly, yes. But still a good stop if you are headed to Atlanta or Florida. Just saying.
Atlanta is a day drive. For Florida, I think you'd want to at least make it to Chattanooga on day 1.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 31, 2022 4:33 pm

Day 1, going down, we always stop at London KY or Corbin KY. By then, my throat is getting pretty dry.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 31, 2022 6:01 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 4:33 pm
Day 1, going down, we always stop at London KY or Corbin KY. By then, my throat is getting pretty dry.
Do you take 3 days?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 31, 2022 9:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:01 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 4:33 pm
Do you take 3 days?
2 1/2 days. Night 1 southern KY. Night 2 southern GA. Arrive around noon day 3.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:15 pm

The Montague Inn in Saginaw. My wife and I made a reservation there so we could explore the area a bit. When we checked in, there was no one working the desk. We finally got ahold of someone on the phone, who made her way over in about 15 minutes. We get to the room and immediately walk through spider webs. We turn down the comforter on the bed and discover a H*** nest of spiders and dead bugs. We decide to not stay there. We head down to the lobby again... no one. No one answered the phone. We wrote a note and left to stay at the Holiday Inn on Tittabawasee. That was a very wise choice, as that hotel took care of us (free upgrade to a hot tub room)!

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:12 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:15 pm
The Montague Inn in Saginaw. My wife and I made a reservation there so we could explore the area a bit. When we checked in, there was no one working the desk. We finally got ahold of someone on the phone, who made her way over in about 15 minutes. We get to the room and immediately walk through spider webs. We turn down the comforter on the bed and discover a H*** nest of spiders and dead bugs. We decide to not stay there. We head down to the lobby again... no one. No one answered the phone. We wrote a note and left to stay at the Holiday Inn on Tittabawasee. That was a very wise choice, as that hotel took care of us (free upgrade to a hot tub room)!
Did the Montague Inn reimburse you or were you out of luck?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:24 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Who the fuck takes a vacation to sagnasty?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:53 am

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:12 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Did the Montague Inn reimburse you or were you out of luck?
Yes. The manager called us the next morning and apologized. Gave us a full refund.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:56 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:24 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
We have family and friends in the area and like to visit every-so-often. The area isn't ALL bad... Dow Gardens, Loons baseball games, decent breweries; there's a lot of decent things to do. :hat

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:10 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:56 am
Matt wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
We have family and friends in the area and like to visit every-so-often. The area isn't ALL bad... Dow Gardens, Loons baseball games, decent breweries; there's a lot of decent things to do. :hat
I highly recommend the AirBNB in Freeland off N. River Rd. for your future stays. I visited last year.Very reasonable and good hosts. You have the downstairs to yourself and can rent as many as three rooms(or just one room for less). Sauna, pool table, and big screen TV down in the basement and your individual room has a TV too. Only reason I didn't rank them as my top 3 stays is because there wasn't too many areas to walk due to the corn, and it is somewhat rural. They also have filtered water due to DOW. Nice covered porch and porch swing too. Worth your time if you are looking for a decent place but do stuff during the day.

Audacity sucks.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:06 am

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:10 am
I highly recommend the AirBNB in Freeland off N. River Rd. for your future stays. I visited last year.Very reasonable and good hosts. You have the downstairs to yourself and can rent as many as three rooms(or just one room for less). Sauna, pool table, and big screen TV down in the basement and your individual room has a TV too. Only reason I didn't rank them as my top 3 stays is because there wasn't too many areas to walk due to the corn, and it is somewhat rural. They also have filtered water due to DOW. Nice covered porch and porch swing too. Worth your time if you are looking for a decent place but do stuff during the day.
Thanks for the recommendation! We're visiting that side of the state again this autumn, so I'll look into it. Freeland would be a great central area, since we split time in Midland, Bay City, and Saginaw. Already have tee times at Apple Mountain, Sawmill, and Maple Leaf golf courses.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:35 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:56 am
Matt wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
I am not sure that the downstairs will be to yourself now that a lot of places have changed since COVID calmed down. So you will want to check on that. They do have well behaved dogs, but I just wanted to make sure you knew. They are the only place in Freeland on AirBNB with a sauna.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic