Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Worst hotels you’ve stayed at

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Worst hotels you’ve stayed at

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:58 am

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:38 am

Motel 6, Emerson Ave Parkersburg WV. What a dump! the floor was uneven between the bathroom and the room, causing a serious tripping hazard. The flooring itself was a poorly installed laminate Pergo type flooring, uneven gaps and all. The A/C unit was on it's last legs as it dripped condensation onto the floor. The place was a cluster mess but it was cheap, so that was the only good thing.

I've never had any reason to ever stay there but there is this dive in Monroe MI called Motel 7. I mean the name alone, makes me think it's the dollar general brand version of Super 8 or Motel 6. It looks quite bad.
Motel 6 are all dumps. Don't go there.

Could never understand why motels like Super 8 would want a brand that might even remind anyone of Motel 6.

We have Motel 6 in Canada. They aren't affiliated in any way with the real Motel 6. They are just paying for the rights to use the brand. Why?

Whereas the real Motel 6 buys old, run down properties and continues running them that way, the Canadian chain, calling itself Motek 6, builds brand new hotels and devalues them by using that brand. I don't get it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:18 pm

I stayed at a 6 in Erie PA last year, it was decent as it was recently remolded. I could tell it used to be a Knights Inn. I also stayed at one in Western NY state, it was ok as was the one in Traverse City MI was decent.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:39 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:18 pm
I stayed at a 6 in Erie PA last year, it was decent as it was recently remolded. I could tell it used to be a Knights Inn. I also stayed at one in Western NY state, it was ok as was the one in Traverse City MI was decent.
They start out as a decent, brand name hotel like Holiday Inn or Best Western. But as the property ages and starts to run down they go down brand like Day's Inn, Howard Johnson, Ramada Inn or Knight's Inn. Motel 6 is pretty much the end of the line.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:44 am

I’ve stayed at the Motel 6 along the Ohio Turnpike at the Sandusky, Ohio (Cedar Point) exit. A very nice and clean modern hotel. When you just need a bed for the night and a shower in the morning, it’ll work…

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:51 am

Realist wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:44 am
I’ve stayed at the Motel 6 along the Ohio Turnpike at the Sandusky, Ohio (Cedar Point) exit. A very nice and clean modern hotel. When you just need a bed for the night and a shower in the morning, it’ll work…
You could try the Homeless Shelter.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:16 pm

I've stayed at Motel 6's across the country the last few years, never had an issue , did have the Effingham Illinois Police knock at our room door at 5am one time back in 2012, looking for someone, who we had no idea who they were...lol

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:31 pm

I'm just a working class guy. I don't need a lot in the way of amenities. I don't need a pool, a business centre or a fitness room. I don't even need a TV. I just want a clean, comfortable room with no bugs. I tried Motel 6 twice and they failed.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:47 pm

The Holiday Inn Express in Greensburg, Pennsylvania is now a "Sheetz" fast food restaurant, gas & party store back in the Summer of 2018!! The Holiday Inn Express moved down by the other side of Greensburg, PA (where the old Greengate Mall is) near a strip mall near U.S. 30!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:50 pm

matt1 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:47 pm
The Holiday Inn Express in Greensburg, Pennsylvania is now a "Sheetz" fast food restaurant, gas & party store back in the Summer of 2018!! The Holiday Inn Express moved down by the other side of Greensburg, PA (where the old Greengate Mall is) near a strip mall near U.S. 30!!
Fascinating.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:51 pm

You go on top of the hill & the Holiday Inn Express in Greensburg, PA is there since late 2018 when it opened!!!

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:15 am

Ramada inns I've noticed are quite subpar, I stayed at one around Bowling Green Kentucky. The Air cond was wonkey, the air smelled of tobacco smoke, and the telly only got 15 channels.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:56 am

This was long ago but when I was young I remembered we were going to Savanah GA and we stopped someplace in WV, I want to say it was Ripley or Beckley. It was a Days Inn and the room had sand on the floor, mind you we were not close to any beach The room did smell like an ash tray and the outside pool looked disgusting. This was back in 1994, so I'm going off memory but I do remember that much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic