Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

E-Begging and Social Media

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 9015

E-Begging and Social Media

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:39 am

So, someone on here mentioned that people are using Facebook marketplaces as a way of buying and selling stuff, so I thought I would try this out and joined a few local groups. I don't really use Facebook at all, I have never actually made a post, ever. My wife created an account for me like over a decade ago and I will log in from time to time to see what people are up to.

Well, I joined these local groups, and people have added my profile as a contact. I didn't really care, from my experience with social media I would just accept any contact because no harm from it, who cares? Now I am getting these people asking me to send them $10, $15, $30. These people have the grammar of a Kindergartener. And they like think it is acceptable to be super nasty to you, too. Here are some examples.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: E-Begging and Social Media

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed May 11, 2022 9:45 pm

These people are mostly Russian bots.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:04 am

I myself do not use a real name on Facebook. And I absolutely have not given Facebook my cell phone number.

DoiH.

Facebook's business model is selling information about you. It's not free. It's exactly how Facebook is making their riches. Friends and family that have the Facebook app on their mobile get at least 5X the spam calls and messages than I do.

And there's nothing wrong with using a pseudo name. Like to knock down pins? Call yourself Jerry Bowling. It's not like here or other social media where two people can't have the same moniker. There can be 30,000 (and probably is) Jerry Bowlings.
Last edited by Deleted User 15783 on Thu May 12, 2022 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu May 12, 2022 11:31 am

Or Jeff Dugan, Steve Korvette, etc.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:35 pm

The way they are acting, they are not FACEbook. They are (the other end)book.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 14, 2022 1:29 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:04 am
I myself do not use a real name on Facebook. And I absolutely have not given Facebook my cell phone number.

DoiH.

Facebook's business model is selling information about you. It's not free. It's exactly how Facebook is making their riches. Friends and family that have the Facebook app on their mobile get at least 5X the spam calls and messages than I do.

And there's nothing wrong with using a pseudo name. Like to knock down pins? Call yourself Jerry Bowling. It's not like here or other social media where two people can't have the same moniker. There can be 30,000 (and probably is) Jerry Bowlings.
Like Malcolm McEasy, right?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 14, 2022 8:37 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:04 am

DoiH.

Remember when your account was Mike Oxshort?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat May 14, 2022 1:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:37 am

Remember when your account was Mike Oxshort?
Wasn't it cockslong?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic