Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock; Adds to Black Award Shame

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 9015

Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock; Adds to Black Award Shame

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:36 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/t ... 579b8fcffb

This was pretty uncalled for and especially sad coming from Will Smith. Incidents like this and the Kanye incident and such really seem to make it difficult for parents whose children find role models in media.

bmw

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock; Adds to Black Award Shame

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:55 am

The overwhelming opinion in the comments section of the youtube videos of this incident seem to be that Chris Rock handled the situation like a professional and Will Smith was lucky Rock didn't make further jokes or outright physically fight back on stage. I tend to agree.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Tbh Smith should have been tossed from the show. But no he was rewarded. I have no respectful people whose skin is so thin that words make them act out like that.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:40 pm

Like all of us, I have been afforded the opportunity to see the before, during and after from all angles.

Me personally, I think Will Smith thought it was funny ..... until he realized his 'ol lady didn't. Then a switch flipped in his head.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:24 am

To me the whole thing has been blown out of proportion and frankly who gives a shit?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:40 am

When one high profile celebrity assaults another high profile celebrity on live national TV, that tends to make the news.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:40 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:24 am
To me the whole thing has been blown out of proportion and frankly who gives a shit?
It will probably be labeled as "whataboutism" by some, but the ONLY thing I care about when it comes to this incident is the double standard applied. If someone insulted my wife at, say Kroger, and I walked up to him and gave him an open handed punch/slap, I'd be arrested for assault. There is no talk of him being charged, only punishment by the Oscar people which now looks unlikely too.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:55 am

From what I hear, Chris Rock chose not to press charges.

Count me as IDGAF about this incident, especially as it continues to be in the news.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:32 am

This whole thing happened right before Quest Love got his award for the Summer of Soul documentary, which was a fantastic film. The fact that he didn't get to fully realize the joy of the moment and the proper respect for making that movie, is one of the worst things about this bullshit.

The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:44 am

Bryce, apples to oranges. Real world rules don't apply to Hollywood elite.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:42 pm

"It should not be too much to ask that adults not react violently when someone says something they don’t like."

"About five weeks earlier, we had another prominent figure turn an event into an embarrassing spectacle. That was Juwan Howard, the head coach of the Michigan Wolverines, who took a swing at a Wisconsin assistant coach."

---Washington Examiner

The censorship king from out of state.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:34 pm

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:40 am
zzand wrote:
It will probably be labeled as "whataboutism" by some, but the ONLY thing I care about when it comes to this incident is the double standard applied. If someone insulted my wife at, say Kroger, and I walked up to him and gave him an open handed punch/slap, I'd be arrested for assault. There is no talk of him being charged, only punishment by the Oscar people which now looks unlikely too.
Kinda like fighting in hockey. In any other workplace, two guys get into a fight, they both get fired. In hockey, they get a time out.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:35 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:49 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:40 am
zzand wrote:
Kinda like fighting in hockey. In any other workplace, two guys get into a fight, they both get fired. In hockey, they get a time out.
I've never fired a guy for getting into a fight with the competition.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:10 am

I see Psaki was asked if the Biden administration condoned or condemned the violence. She said Biden had no official comment since he didn't watch the Oscars.

OF COURSE he doesn't have a comment. Will Smith isn't white.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic