Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Have it Your Way at Burger King

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Have it Your Way at Burger King

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:53 pm

Police say Burger King employee shot at customer who threw mayonnaise at her

MIAMI – A Burger King employee has been arrested for shooting at a customer at a northwest Miami-Dade Burger King on Thursday afternoon.

Police identified the woman as Shateasha Hicks, 30.

Officers say it started when a man pulled up to the drive-thru at the Burger King in the 4700 block of Northwest 167th Street just after 4 p.m.

Hicks was seen arguing with the customer when he suddenly drove off and that’s when witnesses say Hicks left the restaurant and grabbed a gun out of her car.

Police said she fired five rounds at the car as the man drove away.

Investigators said Hicks then left the scene in her own car but was later arrested after officers found it abandoned about a mile from her home.

Officers also arrested Hicks’ uncle after he refused to let officers search their home, authorities said.

Hicks is now facing one charge of discharging a firearm while in public. She is expected to be released on bond from the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on Friday.
“He was making faces at her through the car window, out here in the road, and that’s when he pulled in here and that just set her off,” he said.

Hicks’ aunt says her niece was defending herself.

“She was protecting herself. I don’t blame her. Everybody else might, but I don’t,” she said.

The man who was shot at was never found and his condition remains unknown.

Burger King released the following statement to Local 10 News:

“We are horrified to learn of the events that unfolded at this location. This unacceptable behavior does not align with our brand values of safety and security. Our franchisee is cooperating with local authorities. As this remains an ongoing investigation, we aren’t able to share additional details at this time.”

The Burger King spokesperson also said that they can confirm that a weapon was not inside the restaurant “at any time before or during the incident.”
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2022 ... olice-say/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Re: Have it Your Way at Burger King

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:32 pm

I HOPE it was mayo.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:24 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:32 pm
I HOPE it was mayo.
Cinco de mayo

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15773

Post by Deleted User 15773 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:21 am

There Chicken sandwich's are hard to resist and I've enjoyed there cheese sticks on my last 2 visits there. I do hope it was real Mayonnaise as well, not that dreadful Miracle whip stuff.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:25 am

Grim Reaper wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:21 am
There Chicken sandwich's are hard to resist and I've enjoyed there cheese sticks on my last 2 visits there. I do hope it was real Mayonnaise as well, not that dreadful Miracle whip stuff.
The $1.50 BK crispy chicken sandwich tastes like hot garbage now.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:20 pm

The times that I have eaten there, the stuff tasted like lighter fluid. I have never been back.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic