Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Add Another to the List

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

Re: Add Another to the List

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:21 am

Wait, is this true? Occasionally I will find myself at the In-N-Out drive thru but never frequent other fast food places. You cannot walk up to the counter at McDonald's and order your food? You have to use an app?

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:34 am

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:21 am
Wait, is this true? Occasionally I will find myself at the In-N-Out drive thru but never frequent other fast food places. You cannot walk up to the counter at McDonald's and order your food? You have to use an app?

Only at that one middle class location. The rest of them are still normal.

Last month we went to one on Middlebelt road where the only way you could order was from a filthy, grimy touch screen. We went to one on Windsor ON that wouldn't accept payment in Canadian currency. Had to be $US

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:29 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:38 am
Or, I could stay right here where I belong, in the working class part of the city, and live life normally.
These days half of the homeless have phones. No matter your class… not having a phone and apps to do certain functions is not normal. Using or not using these things has nothing to do with class.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:29 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Or, I could stay right here where I belong, in the working class part of the city, and live life normally.
These days half of the homeless have phones. No matter your class… not having a phone and apps to do certain functions is not normal. Using or not using these things has nothing to do with class.
Notice how they don't even try to get away with that stuff in working class neighbourhoods. I just got off the phone with Bell Canada requesting a service suspension for seven weeks while we're out of the country. She wasted about half an hour of my time, trying to sell me a mobility plan.

Finally, just to get rid of her, I agreed to let her send me something called a sin card. There will be no cost to me unless and until I decide to activate the sin card.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:40 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
Notice how they don't even try to get away with that stuff in working class neighbourhoods. I just got off the phone with Bell Canada requesting a service suspension for seven weeks while we're out of the country. She wasted about half an hour of my time, trying to sell me a mobility plan.

Finally, just to get rid of her, I agreed to let her send me something called a sin card. There will be no cost to me unless and until I decide to activate the sin card.
:lol: I think that's a "sim" card. Entirely different thing.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:02 pm

Activate It!! Head for Vegas!! Get the coupon from the Visitors Center for twice the sin at the same price! Send Pictures!

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:13 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

Sim not sin. They do the same things in every neighborhood. Welcome to 2022.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:42 pm

HD74 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:02 pm
Activate It!! Head for Vegas!! Get the coupon from the Visitors Center for twice the sin at the same price! Send Pictures!
I just came back from there. Nothing's a sin in Vegas.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:46 pm

No sane person wears socks with sandals.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:48 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:42 pm
HD74 wrote:
Hitting on 17.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:43 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:48 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:42 pm
HD74 wrote:
Hitting on 17.
If hitting on an old man isn't a sin, then hitting on 17 shouldn't be either,

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:29 pm

Well there IS Tijuana, I’m not sure how much extra sin you get at the Visitors Center, but it’s gotta beat The Strip.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:09 pm

Rogers Store It's unlikely I ever would have gone there anyway but this nails it.

Rogers is one of Canada's biggest owners of broadcast media. They are also one of the biggest cable TV, Internet and cell phone providers.

They have just announced a new policy that no one will be allowed inside their stores without showing photo ID.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:45 pm

So, back in July, Rogers had a major, nation-wide outage of their cell phone network. Went on for days. That left them with a lot of angry, middle class customers. They say they've been receiving threats from these customers.

So, their new policy is to keep the doors locked and only allow one customer in the store. Before entry, the customer must show photo ID.

Doesn't exactly seem like a way to generate good will with the customers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:22 pm

Spirit Airlines

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic