Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brush with greatness thread

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Brush with greatness thread

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:33 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:24 pm
My late father's brush with greatness was getting kicked in the ass by cowboy, Gene Autry.

When he was a kid, Autry was putting on a show in their town. The performance was inside a big tent. My dad and another kid tried to sneak in under one of the flaps. Their cowboy idol caught them, kicked them both in the ass and told them to get the hell outa there.
Who?
My Dad.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:23 pm

Most of the people I know I ran into doing retail. I waited on Jason Hanson twice. He blends in very well and is very calm, pleasant.
He also signed a football for me when I was 11.

My second cousin is former Packer QB great Don Majkowski. Very awesome to us as family when we met him after a Lions practice at a hotel in Auburn Hills. One of the most intelligent people I have met.

I saw Emory King and Huel Perkins at my store but did not wait on them. The ladies at the front said Huel was very nice and funny but Emory was a little stuck up.

Singer Karen Clark Sheard did an event at our store and was friendly but had an ego a little. Nothing horrible though.

I also waited on Nicholas Hood III who was decent to me.

Tons of other pastors too including Keith Butler right around when he ran for Senate.

Oh, and the former chaplain for the Tigers, Jeff Totten. He was getting each Christian Tiger an engraved Bible before the season.

When I was a young kid at a clinic, I played catch with Tigers CF Milt Cuyler.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:52 pm

What? No meetings with Boy George?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:56 pm
" Hi Reggie...how about a quick one?" He says, "No. Was that quick enough for you?"
Reginald was high on the asshole meter.

Here's another for me. Way back in the day, I worked at a station that Paul Carey once worked at early in his career. I was in Detroit interviewing for a job and decided to catch a Tigers game. I got there early and had an usher send a note up to Paul.

He didn't know me, but certainly knew the station. He came down and chatted with me for a good ten minutes. During the Tigers broadcast he mentioned my name and the station. I got calls for at least two days after that.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:52 pm
I am sick of your bigoted shit. Fuck you.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:26 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:22 pm
Bryce wrote:
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

you're too easy

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:26 pm
Bryce wrote:

you're too easy
I have tried to be decent with you, but you constantly make nothing but homophobic jokes. Not tolerating it.

Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:31 pm

Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:27 pm
Bryce wrote:
Bryce wrote:

you're too easy
I have tried to be decent with you, but you constantly make nothing but homophobic jokes. Not tolerating it.
Who's homophobic? I thought you and George were bisexual?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:31 pm
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:27 pm
Bryce wrote:
Bryce wrote:

you're too easy
Who's homophobic? I thought you and George were bisexual?
You know EXACTLY what I mean.

Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:46 pm

Come on, Bryce. Leave him alone. Not cool.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:42 pm

When I was a kid, I had several brushes with greatness, according to my mother. But they never really felt like much of a brush for me.

My uncle was a photographer for the Toronto Star. Often when a celebrity or some other dignitary came to Toronto, he would be dispatched to the airport to meet them and take them to where they were going.

So, whenever I rode in Uncle Frank's station wagon, I was always being told I was riding in the same car that Bob Hope, Bishop Sheen, or the Minister of Finance had ridden in.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

G G

Post by G G » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:44 pm

Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:23 pm
I saw Emory King and Huel Perkins at my store but did not wait on them. The ladies at the front said Huel was very nice and funny but Emory was a little stuck up.
I had no clue they both hung out at Chosen Books.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:07 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:46 pm
I have to side with Bryce on this. I like MCRF, but shaming and assuming a victim position when hes just being softly needled isn't cool itself. What Bryce said shouldn't be considered offensive, he was acknowledging and making light of a characteristic o MCRF that MCRF has made known to everyone else here. All he said was that he could have met him based on both being bi, just goofy shitposting, nothing more. MCRF's response is more something that he is responsible for, not Bryce. Now, if Bryce went ahead and said something like "Didn't you exchange HIV variants in one of those bugchasing events that filthy bi's participate in because the only things they can make up their minds on is that their desire to be the most diverse disease vectors on the planet and that they want to contaminate unsuspecting straight white women." then yeah, I could see why MCRF would be pissy, but not this.

It's a variant of canceling and I can't agree with that.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:24 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:07 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:46 pm
I have to side with Bryce on this. I like MCRF, but shaming and assuming a victim position when hes just being softly needled isn't cool itself. What Bryce said shouldn't be considered offensive, he was acknowledging and making light of a characteristic o MCRF that MCRF has made known to everyone else here. All he said was that he could have met him based on both being bi, just goofy shitposting, nothing more. MCRF's response is more something that he is responsible for, not Bryce. Now, if Bryce went ahead and said something like "Didn't you exchange HIV variants in one of those bugchasing events that filthy bi's participate in because the only things they can make up their minds on is that their desire to be the most diverse disease vectors on the planet and that they want to contaminate unsuspecting straight white women." then yeah, I could see why MCRF would be pissy, but not this.

It's a variant of canceling and I can't agree with that.
But no one else but MCRF gets to choose how he feels about it. There's light ribbing and then there's taking it too far. He obviously isn't cool with it. It's no different than "No. Stop." "Oh you know you want it. Now take your pants off". I would be okay with it because I've shot the shit with a lot of people here, including Bryce. MCRF isn't cool with it.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:39 pm

Once chatted with Lt. Carpenter from McHale's Navy. He was a nice guy and didn't seem at all tiring from the questions we all asked. Bill Lambier once just missed hitting me with a door and never said a word, just strolled by with his entourage.
As far as greatness there was the time that the former head of Porsche's racing, Baron Fritz Huschke von Hanstein elbowed me out of the way to take a photo of the winning FIA rally team.

My Dad hinted that he crossed paths with Werner Von Braun after he came to the US to work on rockets. Werner was being hidden at the Navy Base on the Mohave Desert where my dad had been working on the Manhattan Project. Everything was classified back then but some items slipped before he passed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic