Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Cancel Culture" Hasn't Made It To The NFL

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

"Cancel Culture" Hasn't Made It To The NFL

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:03 am

With the current cancel culture attitude sweeping the nation these days, one must wonder why certain people seem to be immune.

It is a bit surprising to me that the NFL, notorious for protecting their brand, is featuring performers in their Half Time Show that, given today's environment, certainly could be a target of "canceling."

Snoop Dogg:
“Bitches ain’t shit but hoes and tricks / Lick on these nuts and suck the dick.”
Eminem:
"But I may fight for gay rights, especially if they dyke is more of a knockout than Janay Rice / Play nice? / Bitch I'll punch Lana Del Rey right in the face twice, like Ray Rice in broad daylight in the plain sight of the elevator surveillance / Til her head is banging on the railing, then celebrate with the Ravens."
Dr. Dre:
"Checking my rearview/'Cause niggas, they will do jack moves, black fools cause I smack fools/Try to set me up for a 2-11/Fuck around and get caught up in a (1-8-7)/But I don't represent no gangbang/Some niggas like lynching, but I just watch 'em hang"
Now that is some family entertainment right there. Although the NFL probably wouldn't have anything to do with Dr. Seuss, these fine upstanding lyricists are being featured on their highest profile stage of the year.

Lucy has some splainen to do.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Re: "Cancel Culture" Hasn't Made It To The NFL

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:07 am

Not a fan of hip-hop but I do like Lana Del Rey
I no longer directly engage trolls

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:55 pm

Are you certain THIS is the hill you wanna die on, Bryce? I mean, I KNOW you love to pick these little fights but I really hope language isn't the battle you're gearing up for.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:35 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:55 pm
Are you certain THIS is the hill you wanna die on, Bryce? I mean, I KNOW you love to pick these little fights but I really hope language isn't the battle you're gearing up for.
Hill to die on? Is that a threat?

To be fair he has a point that could be discussed.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:42 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:35 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

I really hope language isn't an argument the fan of president "grab 'em by the pussy" wants to have.
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:50 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:35 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

-TurkeyTop

kager

Post by kager » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:26 pm

Inherently Pol Pot.

Just drop some F-bombs and call it good.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm

Cancel culture, regardless of the flavor it comes in, is gross and people should be happy when it isn't successful.

That said, the halftime show sucked.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:08 pm
Cancel culture, regardless of the flavor it comes in, is gross and people should be happy when it isn't successful.

The right perfected cancel culture in the 90s when they boycotted Disney, Proctor and Gamble, Burger King, and many more all due to the babies and evil gays.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:03 am

First you have Bryce exhibiting his patented whataboutism:
Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:03 am
With the current cancel culture attitude sweeping the nation these days, one must wonder why certain people seem to be immune.

It is a bit surprising to me that the NFL, notorious for protecting their brand, is featuring performers in their Half Time Show that, given today's environment, certainly could be a target of "canceling."

Snoop Dogg:
“Bitches ain’t shit but hoes and tricks / Lick on these nuts and suck the dick.”
Eminem:
"But I may fight for gay rights, especially if they dyke is more of a knockout than Janay Rice / Play nice? / Bitch I'll punch Lana Del Rey right in the face twice, like Ray Rice in broad daylight in the plain sight of the elevator surveillance / Til her head is banging on the railing, then celebrate with the Ravens."
Dr. Dre:
"Checking my rearview/'Cause niggas, they will do jack moves, black fools cause I smack fools/Try to set me up for a 2-11/Fuck around and get caught up in a (1-8-7)/But I don't represent no gangbang/Some niggas like lynching, but I just watch 'em hang"
Now that is some family entertainment right there. Although the NFL probably wouldn't have anything to do with Dr. Seuss, these fine upstanding lyricists are being featured on their highest profile stage of the year.

Then MCRF follows up with a politically charged post that misses the mark:
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:57 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

The right perfected cancel culture in the 90s when they boycotted Disney, Proctor and Gamble, Burger King, and many more all due to the babies and evil gays.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:58 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Nope. Battle is a bit of a strong term, but I do think it's well worth fighting for an even playing ground. Take Snoop Dogg for instance. The lyrics I quoted from one of his "songs" are about as misogynistic as it gets. Others are called out, ruined and fired for much less, yet, he is featured on arguably the highest profile entertainment show of the year. Again, back to my original point. Although everyone should have a right to their opinion and be able to voice it and or write and preform any song they like. But some folks get canceled and some people seem to be immune.

Another example, Rosanne Barr was fired. Whoopie gets a two week suspension.

And it's not like the "show" was any good. I think it's the worst I've ever watched. Glad the game was spectacular.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:42 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:26 pm
Inherently Pol Pot.

Just drop some F-bombs and call it good.
Excellent
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:03 am
Bryce wrote:

Snoop Dogg:
Eminem:
Dr. Dre:

Neckbeard wrote:

This is life in 2022. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I get angry, sometimes I go at it.

But more importantly, Matt, have you noticed how polarizing everything has become? I was shocked...SHOCKED...to see someone with a Biden sign, a BLM sign AND a back the blue sign. It always has to be THIS or THAT. You get column A or column B. You have to be FOR this, this and this and only those things. It's the constant interjection. MCRF didn't need to post that response and Bryce didn't need to start this thread. But they did and the ball is rolling. Whatever happened to "a time and a place"?

Did I ever mention the time I went to watch the video for Jump by Van Halen? Politics has nothing to do with that song or that band. Nothing. But someone had to make a comment about Hillary or the Democrats or something and there was a (since deleted) 128 comment thread going back and forth. Are we incapable of even talking about the weather anymore without someone throwing that jab?
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Snoop Dogg:
Eminem:
Dr. Dre:

Neckbeard wrote:

This is life in 2022. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I get angry, sometimes I go at it.

But more importantly, Matt, have you noticed how polarizing everything has become? I was shocked...SHOCKED...to see someone with a Biden sign, a BLM sign AND a back the blue sign. It always has to be THIS or THAT. You get column A or column B. You have to be FOR this, this and this and only those things. It's the constant interjection. MCRF didn't need to post that response and Bryce didn't need to start this thread. But they did and the ball is rolling. Whatever happened to "a time and a place"?

Did I ever mention the time I went to watch the video for Jump by Van Halen? Politics has nothing to do with that song or that band. Nothing. But someone had to make a comment about Hillary or the Democrats or something and there was a (since deleted) 128 comment thread going back and forth. Are we incapable of even talking about the weather anymore without someone throwing that jab?
I'm currently in DC for a conference, and yet this board seems more inherently political than this city.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:11 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Snoop Dogg:
Eminem:
Dr. Dre:

Neckbeard wrote:

Even license plates are political now… I expect breathing will be the culmination. One side will do it and the other will stop to show em how wrong and backwards they are.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic