Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a 42-year old woman

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
kager

Re: Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a 42-year old woman

Post by kager » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:35 am

Deleted User 15716 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:05 pm
I believe this is my first foray into this thread.
I believe 'we seen' it come, and 'we seen' it go.

Again.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:04 pm

Justice has prevailed.
Charges against actor Alec Baldwin have been dropped for the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust,” Baldwin’s attorneys said Thursday.

“We are pleased with the decision to dismiss the case against Alec Baldwin and we encourage a proper investigation into the facts and circumstances of this tragic accident,” Baldwin’s attorneys Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro said in a statement.

Baldwin was handling a prop gun on the set of “Rust” in October 2021 when it discharged, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding the film’s director, Joel Souza.

Baldwin and the “Rust” set’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, were charged with involuntary manslaughter in January for their alleged role in the fatal shooting of Hutchins. Both pleaded not guilty.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:48 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:04 pm
Justice has prevailed.
Charges against actor Alec Baldwin have been dropped for the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust,” Baldwin’s attorneys said Thursday.

“We are pleased with the decision to dismiss the case against Alec Baldwin and we encourage a proper investigation into the facts and circumstances of this tragic accident,” Baldwin’s attorneys Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro said in a statement.

Baldwin was handling a prop gun on the set of “Rust” in October 2021 when it discharged, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding the film’s director, Joel Souza.

Baldwin and the “Rust” set’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, were charged with involuntary manslaughter in January for their alleged role in the fatal shooting of Hutchins. Both pleaded not guilty.
You resurrected a thread where Ben Zonia was still posting as TCSU.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:07 pm

Huh, I forgot all about that troll...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:36 pm

Alec Baldwin is a despicable human being.

If he had known anything about guns, he wouldn't have pointed it at the crew member. Unless he did it to intimidate her, which is even worse.

People should gather and have an Alec Baldwin memorabilia and DVD burning, like they did when John Lennon spouted off about the Beatles popularity in the 1960s, and they burned their records and memorabilia.

Thanks for mentioning me. I'm living rent free in your mind, just because you disagree with me and resent an authority and law higher than man's.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:14 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:36 pm

If he had known anything about guns, he wouldn't have pointed it at the crew member. Unless he did it to intimidate her, which is even worse.

People should gather and have an Alec Baldwin memorabilia and DVD burning, like they did when John Lennon spouted off about the Beatles popularity in the 1960s, and they burned their records and memorabilia.

Thanks for mentioning me. I'm living rent free in your mind, just because you disagree with me and resent an authority and law higher than man's.
Does he wear tinfoil?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:18 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:14 am
Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:36 pm

Does he wear tinfoil?
Maybe, but when placed on the buzzboard composite he scores pretty well.

― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:27 am

Yep... just like the hood rats, just let him get away without even a slap on the wrist and not enforce the gun laws already on the books.

Let's see how that works out for society.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:31 am

This article attempts to completely discredit the use of Faraday like cages. If you knew anything about Faraday cages and Hard Sciences, you might understand the principles of it. I was one of 100 or so subjects who participated in a UNIVERSITY RESEARCH PROJECT requiring a FARADAY CAGE to block out stray electromagnetic signals. It involved measuring nerve impulse voltages, which are usually about 100 millivolts across a nerve membrane. There was a closed circuit system to display instructions on a television. When not in use, with the door open, you could see a snowy TV signal from a strong local TV station, which identifies as a TC Talks beloved Traverse City Market station, oddly enough. When the door was closed, there was not a trace of any TV signal.

Here's a story about Ghislane Maxwell wrapping her cell phone in aluminum foil to try to conceal her location. No doubt college educated sex pervert Jeffery Epstein recommended it before his untimely death, due to his EDUCATION in SCIENCE, and his experience as a Physics teacher in a private school, and his Summer working as an intern at a Traverse City area NPR station, WIAA, in 1967. It acknowledges that it does work to some degree, requiring full power to get a signal in and out at all, but not able to block as well as a better designed pricey designer Faraday bag.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/barrycolli ... 1a35e07e08

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:43 am

Looks like there is closure to the Rust situation...
The film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, was found guilty on Wednesday of involuntary manslaughter in the death of the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, and faces up to 18 months in prison. The jury found that Ms. Gutierrez-Reed, 26, had behaved negligently by failing to check that all of the rounds she loaded into Mr. Baldwin’s revolver were dummies, which are inert rounds that look real but cannot be fired.

The question of where the live ammunition came from in the first place has hung over the case from the start. The original investigation by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office did not reach a conclusion on where the live rounds had come from.

During the trial, prosecutors sought to convince jurors that it was Ms. Gutierrez-Reed who was responsible for bringing the rounds onto the set. The defense asserted that Ms. Gutierrez-Reed, who did not testify, was not at fault, and tried to focus attention on the movie’s primary weapons and ammunition supplier, Seth Kenney, who took the stand and denied responsibility.
Speaking outside the courthouse after the verdict on Wednesday, one of the jurors, Alberto Sanchez, said that the jurors had been convinced that Ms. Gutierrez-Reed had brought the live rounds to the set. “We think she did,” he said.

― Noam Chomsky

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:44 am

I agree with this verdict. Could never grasp why any live ammo would need to be anywhere near a movie (or TV) set. Plenty of other ways to create realistic gunfire sounds and visual puffs of smoke.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:06 pm

If Alec Baldwin isn't convicted, having pointed the gun at someone who was not even an actor in a scene, regardless of whether it was mistakenly loaded, and sentenced to significantly more time than the gun handler, there should be some 2020 style "good trouble" and an Alec Baldwin memorabilia and DVD burning, like when John Lennon spouted off about the Beatles' popularity. If people like TC Talks had ever taken a gun safety course, they would know that you should never point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot, and likely kill them. Rule #1 in importance in a gun course. In the first hour of a decent course. Let's say that if Alec Baldwin gets off scot free, TC Talks has to vote for Donald Trump.

-Author Unknown

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:50 pm

Poor girl was a scape-goat for Hollywood.

Not saying she didn't have any culpability or doesn't deserve the sentence, but to put ALL the focus on her while the actual SHOOTER is still partying around town shows you where the real priorities lie.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:46 pm

BMW,

If an auto mechanic is grossly negligent by not bolting up a part correctly and you get in an accident which kills someone, does a prosecutor go after you? No

This was an accident, and Baldwin was free of malice. He fired that prop as it was designed to be used. Even the 26 year old armorer did not intentionally cause this accident, but it was her wrecklessness. She isn't a scapegoat she was the responsible party hired to ensure the safe handling of the props.

As to your batshit crazy idea that this relates to Donald "91 Indictments" Trump, his actions seem to be deliberate in every case. He chose to conceal documents and refused to cooperate, he chose to incite a riot with his speech, he chose to mislead lenders with his financial records, he chose to repeatedly harass that women. Baldwin did not choose to harm the director. See the difference? It's called "Malice".

Consider taking a community college level criminal justice class.

― Noam Chomsky

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:09 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:50 pm
Poor girl was a scape-goat for Hollywood.

Not saying she didn't have any culpability or doesn't deserve the sentence, but to put ALL the focus on her while the actual SHOOTER is still partying around town shows you where the real priorities lie.
I have to agree with TC Talks. Baldwin rightfully expected he was holding a prop gun incapable of causing any harm.

Does the film industry in general have some culpability here? Fair question.
Like I said 3 post ago, in this day and age of CGI, there is no need for live rounds anywhere near a filming.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic