Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Don't Take a Gun to a Solo Gun Fight

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Don't Take a Gun to a Solo Gun Fight

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:35 pm

Sources: Man Accidentally Shoots Himself In Times Square Subway Station

As CBS2’s Nick Caloway reports, it all happened in the Times Square subway station Monday.

The man who was shot originally told police he was struck by a stray bullet, but now the story has changed.

In the Crossroads of the World, yet another shooting sent a man to the hospital. This one, though, appears to be self-inflicted.

Police sources tell CBS2 the man shot himself when his loaded gun accidentally discharged in the subway station at 40th Street and 7th Avenue.

The suspect told police he was the victim of a shooting, before admitting the gun went off in his waistband.

The shot rang out just after noon, and the ensuing chaos left some people rattled.

READ MORE:
New Jersey Senators Warn New FEMA Guidelines Would Raise Flood Insurance Premiums
“This is nasty. It feels like the 80s and 90s again,” said Steven Stewart, who works nearby.

Some people who work in the area say Times Square and surrounding areas have been overrun with violence and drug crimes. The NYPD reports three shooting so far this year in the area.

“I think we need more people out here. I think we need more cops out here. I don’t think it’s safe at all,” said Harlem resident Tina Sims.

“Clean this up, man. I work here. Clean it up. We need it,” Stewart said.

The man who was carrying on a loaded gun and shot himself was identified by police as 39-year-old Shawn Santiago of Brooklyn. Police sources say Santiago has gang ties, and has been arrested multiple times in the past for assault.

Police say Santiago is expected to be OK, and he will likely face charges.
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/10/04 ... -shooting/

Times Square is 1204 miles from Niceville

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Don't Take a Gun to a Solo Gun Fight

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:34 pm

loaded gun accidentally discharged
Gun's don't "accidentally discharge."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Re: Don't Take a Gun to a Solo Gun Fight

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:34 pm
loaded gun accidentally discharged
Gun's don't "accidentally discharge."
And cars don't accidentally leave the road.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic