Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

KFC

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

KFC

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:55 pm

Has anyone else noticed the KFC chain of restaurants seems to be shrinking? It''s happened several times in the past year or two that I drive by a location where there used to be a KFC and now it's closed up. Maybe it's just due to the covid.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: KFC

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:57 am

Or it's just a Canadian phenomena. Every KFC I know is alive and kicking.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:58 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:57 am
Or it's just a Canadian phenomena. Every KFC I know is alive and kicking.

Seninole, the town where we stay in Florida, had one. When we were last there, it was gone

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:08 am

It might be a phenomenon of not being able to hire enough workers; it's currently afflicting many in the restaurant industry. One of our local Arby's recently closed, at least temporarily.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:56 am

KFC is a low man on the totem pole of fast food in the US. We had two in Traverse City that closed when the franchisee essentially quit. It took a while for anyone to get them reopened.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:14 am

Isn't there just a lot of competition for the fast food chicken these days? I'm no authority as I rarely eat any fast food outside of an occasional trip to the In N Out Burger, but it used to be KFC was almost the only game in town. Chick fil A seems to be H*** now, I see these Raising Canes places popping up all over, Popeyes, Church's, and other regional stores, and then McD's, Burger King, etc. are selling cluck too.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:52 am

Our favourite chicken is Popeye's

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:53 am

I saw a TV ad for the KFC chicken sandwich today, which looks like and is priced the same as Popeye's product.

KFC has also gone away from producing corn muffins, which were a great side to a chicken meal.

We have Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken in West Michigan (2 in Kzoo, three in Muskegon) and they have an outlet in Plymouth, it looks like Ohio and Kentucky are their stronghold states, with Indiana and Missouri presence as well. I like it!

Popeye's Red Beans and Rice and their spicy chicken are available closer to home and a wonderful repast.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Trophyhead wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:53 am
I saw a TV ad for the KFC chicken sandwich today, which looks like and is priced the same as Popeye's product.

KFC has also gone away from producing corn muffins, which were a great side to a chicken meal.

We have Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken in West Michigan (2 in Kzoo, three in Muskegon) and they have an outlet in Plymouth, it looks like Ohio and Kentucky are their stronghold states, with Indiana and Missouri presence as well. I like it!

Popeye's Red Beans and Rice and their spicy chicken are available closer to home and a wonderful repast.
Just had the spicy KFC Chicken sandwich yesterday for lunch - very tasty and the piece of chicken in it was H-UGE. Well worth the money.

I’ve had the Raising Cains chicken in Vegas - pretty good chicken. If in Ohio or south, Zaxby’s has simply amazing chicken and I wish they’d expand north more into Michigan. I wouldn’t walk across the street for Chick-Fil-A if the food was free as I don’t care for their business practices. I had them once a long time ago and found nothing special about them.
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:14 am
I'm no authority as I rarely eat any fast food outside of an occasional trip to the In N Out Burger, but it used to be KFC was almost the only game in town.
You have no idea how jealous I am that you can have In N Out anytime you want.it’s the best fast food burger out there. I’m going to Vegas in October and will have it at least twice

audiophile

Re: Mo Chi'ken

Post by audiophile » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:21 am

Business practices?

Oh the fact give their employees Sunday's off to be with their families? How dare they!!!

The fact the employees are willing to go the extra mile for you? How dare they!!!

Many food choice are healthy. How dare they!!!

The drive thru's are the fastest on earth, How dare they!!!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:08 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:21 am
Business practices?

Oh the fact give their employees Sunday's off to be with their families? How dare they!!!

The fact the employees are willing to go the extra mile for you? How dare they!!!

Agree 100% :D

The kids they employ there are a little brighter and more attentive to the customers. They don't ask you to repeat your order two or three times, then get it wrong anyway.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:28 am

audiophile wrote:
Business practices?

The fact that they openly discriminated against LBGT people.

The fact that they contribute to still contribute to organizations that support these practices.

The fact that they contribute to ultra conservative whack job candidates who push these agendas.

The fact that their deeply ultra conservative religious beliefs seem to be their mantra.

Not all of us are as entrenched into religion like you are, Audio. I did my 6 year indoctrination in Catholic school. That was enough

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Realist wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:28 am
audiophile wrote:
Business practices?

The fact that they openly discriminated against LBGT people.

The fact that they contribute to still contribute to organizations that support these practices.

The fact that they contribute to ultra conservative whack job candidates who push these agendas.

The fact that their deeply ultra conservative religious beliefs seem to be their mantra.

Not all of us are as entrenched into religion like you are, Audio. I did my 6 year indoctrination in Catholic school. That was enough
Setting all this aside, I wouldn't say no to most things on their menu, but the only thing they serve that is worth a damn really is those chicken poppers or nuggets or whatever they want to call them. Those are some really good stuff. The sandwiches aren't bad but I would rate them as a tick above middle of the road.

Cane's though... Holy cow why can we not have that here? The chicken is very good, the sauce is amazing, and they do a fantastic lemonade.

Right now Chi-fil-a is cracking the Michigan market and their lines are deep, but once they're everywhere they will go the way of Sonic. Nothing distinguishes chik-fil-a from the other guys other than having a smaller menu, shitty values, and waffle fries.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:26 pm

Also, not nitpicking, but chik-fil-a is rated 10th in drive-thru speed of service, while KFC is number six. That's not a bad thing necessarily, quality takes time.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:26 pm
Also, not nitpicking, but chik-fil-a is rated 10th in drive-thru speed of service, while KFC is number six. That's not a bad thing necessarily, quality takes time.

I'll preface this by saying I'm not familiar with a few of the establishments on this list. But I'm curious if there could be a correlation between the amount of items on the menu, and how fast the line moves.

Or how many items are ready, and how many need to be made. Number One in the list is a place where everything is already baked. Just grab off the shelf and hand out the window. From what I know of Chick-fil-A, everything is cooked after it's ordered.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic