Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where's your happy place?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Re: Where's your happy place?

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:14 pm

I never understood even though you're on the west side of Lake Huron you guys don't have sand

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:14 pm
I never understood even though you're on the west side of Lake Huron you guys don't have sand
According to my ass crack, sand is over rated.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:36 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:21 pm
TC Talks wrote:
According to my ass crack, sand is over rated.
Except that TT's pic is from Ontario, which would be on the EASTERN side of Lake Huron, but I'm too proud to dunk on mental midgets.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:17 am

TC Talks wrote:

In Ontario, Lake Huron is famous for its miles of sand beaches. Grand Bend, Goderich, Kincardine, Southampton, French Bay, Sauble Beach, Oliphant, Rad Bay, Howdenvale, the list goes on.

At Port Elgin, where we were today, there's a stretch of sand beach. But on a hot summer day, it's so crowded, I just wanted a nice quiet spot to relax and recharge my internal batteries.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:08 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:17 am
TC Talks wrote:

In Ontario, Lake Huron is famous for its miles of sand beaches. Grand Bend, Goderich, Kincardine, Southampton, French Bay, Sauble Beach, Oliphant, Rad Bay, Howdenvale, the list goes on.

At Port Elgin, where we were today, there's a stretch of sand beach. But on a hot summer day, it's so crowded, I just wanted a nice quiet spot to relax and recharge my internal batteries.

Grand Bend is nice. My friends and I went there in 2008 after staying in the Pinery.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:39 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:08 pm

Grand Bend is nice. My friends and I went there in 2008 after staying in the Pinery.

It's nice for now, but it won't be for much longer. The developers are in there now. They want to line the beach with high rise condo towers. Turn it into a playground for the wealthy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:39 pm
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:08 pm

It's nice for now, but it won't be for much longer. The developers are in there now. They want to line the beach with high rise condo towers. Turn it into a playground for the wealthy.
That's disgusting, but I can see that. The beach was lovely, but I noticed some snobby people around there. Also, that pizza spot there is expensive and definitely not working class. ;)

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:34 pm

That's disgusting, but I can see that. The beach was lovely, but I noticed some snobby people around there. Also, that pizza spot there is expensive and definitely not working class. ;)

The Bruce Nuclear Power Plant is up in that area. They pay some of the highest working class wages in the country. Those guys can afford to splurge on a pizza whenever they want.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:30 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:17 am
TC Talks wrote:

That's what it should look like. This is the Western side of Ontario therefore it should have sand.

This reminds me of the beaches along the way to the Bruce peninsula. We just made a left turn off the road and drove till we hit the water and there is a gorgeous Beach behind some farms. It would be really sad if that got wrecked.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:30 pm

That's what it should look like. This is the Western side of Ontario therefore it should have sand.

This reminds me of the beaches along the way to the Bruce peninsula. We just made a left turn off the road and drove till we hit the water and there is a gorgeous Beach behind some farms. It would be really sad if that got wrecked.

Now you're making me homesick. I lived a large part of my life on the Bruce Peninsula. The Lake Huron beach called Oliphant was about a ten minute drive from our home. The water was relatively shallow and surrounded by islands. So, in the summer, it was always as warm as a bathtub

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic