Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where's your happy place?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Where's your happy place?

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 pm

I have been traveling a bit this summer, but there will always be time for the beach.

Where is your happy place?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15621

Re: Where's your happy place?

Post by Deleted User 15621 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:27 pm

Sunset on the Pacific Coast of California. That's the most beautiful thing to see. That's my happy place.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Sanford & Wixom Lakes (NEVER MIND)!!! Still grassy!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 pm
I have been traveling a bit this summer, but there will always be time for the beach.

Many places along Lake Superior: Pt. Iroquois, Miners Beach, the Black Rocks (actual and the brewery), most spots on the Keweenaw. Looking out on Lake Superior on the North/West side truly feels like the edge of the earth. Water is truly my happy place.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:50 am

I'm a Lake Huron guy. That beautiful fresh smell.

I'm heading up that way this week.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:02 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 pm

Many places along Lake Superior: Pt. Iroquois, Miners Beach, the Black Rocks (actual and the brewery), most spots on the Keweenaw. Looking out on Lake Superior on the North/West side truly feels like the edge of the earth. Water is truly my happy place.
You just described where I have 5 generations buried and where I co-own some property on the Bay. It's a pretty special place.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:27 am

Taking a different track, with my kids and grand kids is my happy place.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:11 am

Lovely places all.

Unfortunately, The Board Terms of Use do not allow me to post a picture of my happy place.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:26 pm

Just post a pick of the pickle.
(Referring to a TT post farther down the thread) was

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:28 pm

Walking in the desert outside Needles, CA.

If Sam hadn’t let Snoopy’s brother drive,......

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 pm

K.C. Mack wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:27 pm
Sunset on the Pacific Coast of California. That's the most beautiful thing to see. That's my happy place.
Yes! Watching a sunset from a beach towel at Torrey Pines or Sunset Beach is my happy place. Though most ocean views are Heaven for me.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 pm

K.C. Mack wrote:
If I could pick one day to live over, I would relive a day in June 30 years ago when I rented a convertible and drove the California coast from Malibu to the Balboa Peninsula. The sun was just setting at the end of my journey as I watched the waves crash in.

But now I'm very happy just reading a book in my easy chair as the day passes from afternoon to evening, with my cat sleeping near by.

Deleted User 15621

Post by Deleted User 15621 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 pm
K.C. Mack wrote:
If I could pick one day to live over, I would relive a day in June 30 years ago when I rented a convertible and drove the California coast from Malibu to the Balboa Peninsula. The sun was just setting at the end of my journey as I watched the waves crash in.

But now I'm very happy just reading a book in my easy chair as the day passes from afternoon to evening, with my cat sleeping near by.
I would love to go back to see one more sunset before I leave this life. That will be added to my bucket list. And by the way cats are cool. I have 4 Tabby Maine Coons what a beautiful animal. I raised them since birth.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:45 pm

K.C. Mack wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:38 pm
I would love to go back to see one more sunset before I leave this life. That will be added to my bucket list. And by the way cats are cool. I have 4 Tabby Maine Coons what a beautiful animal. I raised them since birth.
Although it's not California, I have watched the sunset many times from the West Bay Bar on Kelley's Island across from Cedar Point. Probably the best sunset I've seen. Of course I've never been west of the Rockies. So I'm sure sunset on the Pacific is just as nice. I have took many pictures of the sunset on Kelleys Island. This is not one of them. I grabbed this off the net:

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:53 pm

Port Elgin, ON It's on the Ontario side of L Huron. Roughly. across the lake from Alpena MI, but a little further south. Was there today.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic