Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Good Eats in mid Michigan?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Good Eats in mid Michigan?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 13, 2021 4:04 pm

I am headed to Lapeer, Freeland, and Holly for 6 days next month. A nice little trip away from all this damn noise pollution here. Any recommendations on good eats?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Re: Good Eats in mid Michigan?

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Applebee's. Ask for the 2 for $20 deal.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 13, 2021 7:54 pm

The Maple Grille is a pretty great spot about 15 minutes from Freeland: https://www.themaplegrille.net/

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 14, 2021 8:42 am

Do you like lake perch?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri May 14, 2021 9:01 am

I prefer cod and catfish, but perch could be good. Salmon is good too.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 14, 2021 12:02 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:01 am
There is a place on m84 in Bay City about a quarter mile from the i-75 exit that had the absolute best lake Perch I have ever had. Skip the french fries and get their homemade German potato salad it's out of this world. The name is Bergers restaurant.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Fri May 14, 2021 12:23 pm

I really liked the Whitehouse Restaurant in Clare. There are also a lot of great options along the road nearby.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 14, 2021 1:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:02 pm
Fri May 14, 2021 9:01 am
There is a place on m84 in Bay City about a quarter mile from the i-75 exit that had the absolute best lake Perch I have ever had. Skip the french fries and get their homemade German potato salad it's out of this world. The name is Bergers restaurant.
I'll second Bergers. That's probably 5-10 minutes from Freeland.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 pm

I’ll third the Berger’s recommendation. The perch is incredibly delicious.

If you like pizza, try B & C Pizza. Locations in both Bay City and Saginaw. They’ve been around for 30 plus years and have Chicago Style pizza (pizza covered with cheese on top). Had one last weekend when in Bay City. Great pizza!

If you’re going to be in Freeland proper, try the Riverside restaurant on M-47. I’ve ate there a couple of times. Homemade food and parking lot always close to being full, if not full, which tells you a lot.

If you like Chinese food, Pi’s Chinese restaurant in Midland has great food.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 14, 2021 10:53 pm

Whitehouse is great if you're a midget.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 15, 2021 12:20 am

Realist wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 pm
I’ll third the Berger’s recommendation. The perch is incredibly delicious.

If you like pizza, try B & C Pizza. Locations in both Bay City and Saginaw. They’ve been around for 30 plus years and have Chicago Style pizza (pizza covered with cheese on top). Had one last weekend when in Bay City. Great pizza!

If you’re going to be in Freeland proper, try the Riverside restaurant on M-47. I’ve ate there a couple of times. Homemade food and parking lot always close to being full, if not full, which tells you a lot.

If you like Chinese food, Pi’s Chinese restaurant in Midland has great food.
Yes, I will be in Freeland proper for 3 nights at an Air BNB off River Rd. I wasn't planning on going over to Bay City much. Whole point of the trip is to get away from all the noise pollution around here. I was planning on going over to Sanford and seeing where the dam was destroyed last year as well as going down to the Birch Run Outlets(or visiting there on the way up from Lapeer).

Anyways, I will consider Bergers for sure if I am over there.

Audacity sucks.

G G

Post by G G » Sun May 16, 2021 1:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:53 pm
Ableist.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

hanson

Post by hanson » Sun May 16, 2021 12:07 pm

G G wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 1:34 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:53 pm
Ableist.
Ableist.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Sun May 16, 2021 10:14 pm

You might want to check out these websites:

www.chowhound.com
www.Roadfood.com

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 17, 2021 10:14 pm

Sat May 15, 2021 12:20 am
I wasn't planning on going over to Bay City much. Whole point of the trip is to get away from all the noise pollution around here.

Anyways, I will consider Bergers for sure if I am over there.
FWIW...

Berger's isn't in Bay City proper. Although a Bay City mailing address it's in Bay County located in a primarily agricultural area called Frankenlust Township. Corn, Soy bean, wheat and corn fields abound.

It's a 15 minute drive from downtown Freeland.

I will be stopping by there for lunch on Wednesday and then a stop at the Cheese Shop in Pinconning for some of that 12-year aged Colby, on my way to Higgins Lake.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic