Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

They All Look Alike You Know...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

They All Look Alike You Know...

Post by Bryce » Sun May 09, 2021 8:05 am

Baseball Players that is...

We have a problem here. That's not Willie Mays. It's Willie McCovey. I know, I know, it's hard for a old white woman of privilege to tell baseball players apart. They all look so similar.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Chrocket87

Re: They All Look Alike You Know...

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:34 am

Has anything good ever come from drunk tweeting?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:27 am

Is that tweet real? Or a joke?

Edit: I just confirmed.

Can you imagine the liberal outrage if some conservative posted that?

I no longer directly engage trolls

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:49 am

If you've seen one Willie you've seen them all hey Nancy?

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun May 09, 2021 1:38 pm

Fireable offense for her social media manager? Other than when Trump could, do any politicians at the Federal level actually post on social media on their own? That original post smells like something an intern would have done without Pelosi even knowing about it until it blew up.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:54 pm

I can't tell the difference between Laurence Fishburne and Samuel Jackson. Maybe cut Nancy just a little slack.

I remember watching the movie You Got Mail and thought Dave Chappelle was Chris Rock. Both of them don't look alike now. But to me, they did when they were younger.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:54 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:54 pm
I can't tell the difference between Laurence Fishburne and Samuel Jackson. Maybe cut Nancy just a little slack.

I remember watching the movie You Got Mail and thought Dave Chappelle was Chris Rock. Both of them don't look alike now. But to me, they did when they were younger.
You and I have more leeway to make those mistakes.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:39 am

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 10, 2021 10:00 am

Unless you saw them play in person or been alive around that time, how could you blame her? Both players are around the same age. Not young and haven't been on TV much in years....

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:13 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:00 am
Unless you saw them play in person or been alive around that time, how could you blame her? Both players are around the same age. Not young and haven't been on TV much in years....
She had her picture taken with them as old men. Their playing days are not relevant. And as the holder of one of the most powerful political positions in the country the optics of that mistake don't look good.
I'll say it again, one of us can make that mistake with no fallout. Not somebody of her stature.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 10, 2021 10:46 am

I can't believe anybody can defend Pelosi here. She's from Northern California and supposed to be a big Giants fan. You're not talking about journeymen shortstops....Mays and McCovey were first ballot Hall of Famers. While this probably was posted by a staffer, whatever happened to "The Buck Stops Here"? This is totally inexcusable.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 7:14 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:46 am
I can't believe anybody can defend Pelosi here. She's from Northern California and supposed to be a big Giants fan. You're not talking about journeymen shortstops....Mays and McCovey were first ballot Hall of Famers. While this probably was posted by a staffer, whatever happened to "The Buck Stops Here"? This is totally inexcusable.
Did I miss the memo where these folks stopped being human? Is it a QAnon thing to do with the drinking blood of children for that life extending compound?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:14 am

Did I miss the memo where these folks stopped being human? Is it a QAnon thing to do with the drinking blood of children for that life extending compound?
She didn't need to insert a picture of herself in a happy birthday Willie Mays tweet. The tweet would have made the point without the picture of her.
But if she felt compelled to insert herself in to the tweet in the form of a "look at me" picture then she damn well needed to get the right Willie.

I can't help but think that if Trump did it some of the Trump haters would have used it as an example of racism.

Having said that if Trump suffered some sort of fatal or irreversible stroke, heart attack, or perhaps ruptured aneurysm soon it would probably be an overall good thing for America. It would force Republicans obsessed with the guy to move on.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 10:19 am

craig11152 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:14 am

She didn't need to insert a picture of herself in a happy birthday Willie Mays tweet. The tweet would have made the point without the picture of her.
But if she felt compelled to insert herself in to the tweet in the form of a "look at me" picture then she damn well needed to get the right Willie.

I can't help but think that if Trump did it some of the Trump haters would have used it as an example of racism.

Having said that if Trump suffered some sort of fatal or irreversible stroke, heart attack, or perhaps ruptured aneurysm soon it would probably be an overall good thing for America. It would force Republicans obsessed with the guy to move on.
Agreed on both counts. But I’m pretty sure they would have just made fun of Trump for being an idiot.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 am

I'd bet the amount of Jack Dorsey's paycheck that the only thing Nancy had to do with that tweet is that she is the 'employer' of the social media manager on her staff that actually did it.

The next tweet that Nancy actually types and hits the send button would be the first one.

An intern screwed up. Move on already.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic