Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Dirty Secrets of Sugar

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

The Dirty Secrets of Sugar

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun May 02, 2021 3:58 am

Our Canadian friends at the CBC reported a very damning documentary about the dangers of sugar in our food. This was filmed 7 years ago Watch what happens when they study a family who eats processed food and then changes to non sugar added foods.

https://youtu.be/K3ksKkCOgTw

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Re: The Dirty Secrets of Sugar

Post by Bryce » Sun May 02, 2021 9:55 am

Some of us have known this for years. Processed sugar is poison. High fructose corn syrup is worse.

Why do you think we have such a high rate of diabetes in this country?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 02, 2021 10:51 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:55 am
Some of us have known this for years. Processed sugar is poison. High fructose corn syrup is worse.

Poor diet choices and lack of exercise?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 am

Matt wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:51 am
Bryce wrote:

Indeed. Unfortunately, manufacturers put and hide processed sugar and high fructose corn syrup in many things that people don't realize. Even some people that think they're eating healthy, aren't.

Case in point. I know a person with a weight problem. He decided to loose some weight and had asked me to make up a beginner exercise routine. Of course I was more than happy to help. But, first, I said lets look at your diet.

He told me that he has started to try and eat healthy to drop some pounds. In the morning, he said, he has started eating Kellogg's Raisin Bran instead of Frosted Flakes. :eek A quick look at the label on the box will tell you that Raisin Bran has 18 grams of sugar per cup. That's a bunch. Guess what? Kellogg Frosted Flakes has 15 grams per cup. So, in an effort to eat healthy, he actually made a choice that was worse.

Much has been said about the evils of Joe Camel and the tobacco company trying to appeal to kids. It is evil. But is Kellogg's, a cereal company that markets unhealthy breakfast cereals to kids, any less evil?

Take Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies. It has a whopping 30 grams of sugar in a one cup serving. Carbohydrates make up 90% of the calories consumed. You may as well have a Snickers bar for breakfast.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 03, 2021 12:45 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 am
Matt wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Indeed. Unfortunately, manufacturers put and hide processed sugar and high fructose corn syrup in many things that people don't realize. Even some people that think they're eating healthy, aren't.

Case in point. I know a person with a weight problem. He decided to loose some weight and had asked me to make up a beginner exercise routine. Of course I was more than happy to help. But, first, I said lets look at your diet.

He told me that he has started to try and eat healthy to drop some pounds. In the morning, he said, he has started eating Kellogg's Raisin Bran instead of Frosted Flakes. :eek A quick look at the label on the box will tell you that Raisin Bran has 18 grams of sugar per cup. That's a bunch. Guess what? Kellogg Frosted Flakes has 15 grams per cup. So, in an effort to eat healthy, he actually made a choice that was worse.

Much has been said about the evils of Joe Camel and the tobacco company trying to appeal to kids. It is evil. But is Kellogg's, a cereal company that markets unhealthy breakfast cereals to kids, any less evil?

Take Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies. It has a whopping 30 grams of sugar in a one cup serving. Carbohydrates make up 90% of the calories consumed. You may as well have a Snickers bar for breakfast.
Absolutely true. People buy low-fat and no-fat foods thinking they are being healthy and the majority of these products add sugar to them to improve the taste.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 03, 2021 2:09 pm

Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:
Bryce wrote:

I can confidently say I'm not a H*** fan of Michelle Obama, but her efforts on improving nutrition in schools were unfairly panned.

I also think it's odd that a presumed adult male is eating sugary cereals on a daily basis. Was part of the plan to ween him off of the cereal?

Somewhat related, there is conflicting research on if coffee is good for you or not, but I don't understand people who add sugar to coffee. That is unequivocally bad for you - if you need to add sugar, ya probably don't actually like coffee.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 03, 2021 5:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:09 pm

I also think it's odd that a presumed adult male is eating sugary cereals on a daily basis. Was part of the plan to ween him off of the cereal?

I think it was a childhood comfort food for him. I have him intermittent fasting at the moment. He only consumes calories between 2 PM and 9 PM with a light workout routine in the morning instead of breakfast.

He's down 10lbs in 2.5 weeks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 03, 2021 10:53 pm

I have started Noom and have lost 7 pounds in 9 days. Big fan of it! I eat what I want in moderation. Mindset is a big reason people don't lose weight.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 03, 2021 11:01 pm

I love noom... The smarter people figure out that your coach is actually a chatbot the stupid people talk with them all day and it works.

MyFitnessPal does a better job with the actual act of tracking food properly.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 03, 2021 11:05 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:01 pm
I love noom... The smarter people figure out that your coach is actually a chatbot the stupid people talk with them all day and it works.

Well, I do feel stupid now. I thought she was real.

Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 03, 2021 11:15 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:05 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Well, I do feel stupid now. I thought she was real.
There are real coaches but many of the updates that you get are chatbot. Try asking a question that's really specific, you will get a generic cheerleader kind of answer. Then you know it's a chatbot.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:53 pm
I have started Noom and have lost 7 pounds in 9 days. Big fan of it! I eat what I want in moderation. Mindset is a big reason people don't lose weight.
Good for you!!!

I'm not completely sure of your age or how much protein vs. carbohydrates you consume, nor how active you are on a daily basis, but please remember that with rapid weight loss, more than 3 lbs. per week, up to 25% of the weight you loose can be muscle mass.

This is a double edge sword as muscle mass ups your metabolic rate. While you're even sitting on your ass, muscle mass burns three times the amount of calories that fat does. I highly recommend that you include some sort of resistance training as well as including more protein than normal, while dieting.

Too many dieters end up being "skinny fat". Look ok with clothes on but not so good with the shirt off.

Think of this. One extra pound of muscle will burn 1,008 calories a week just while you're sitting or laying on the couch doing nothing. Even sleeping. Not to mention the calories burned while you were doing the actual resistance training to build that muscle in the first place.

Think about it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 am

Bryce wrote:
Then there's these "candy-filled fun straws" that have been around for over half a century - basically nothing more than colored sugar:

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 am
Bryce wrote:
Then there's these "candy-filled fun straws" that have been around for over half a century - basically nothing more than colored sugar:

At least they are honest and label the item as a candy. Kellogg's markets their product as a breakfast food. Their slogan, "Part of a complete breakfast" is misleading.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 04, 2021 9:24 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 am
bmw wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 am
Bryce wrote:

At least they are honest and label the item as a candy. Kellogg's markets their product as a breakfast food. Their slogan, "Part of a complete breakfast" is misleading.
Kind of like "more doctors recommend Lucky Strike..." from decades ago.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic