Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Dirty Secrets of Sugar

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: The Dirty Secrets of Sugar

Post by Matt » Tue May 04, 2021 5:16 pm

What is the impact of mainly cardio exercise with daily, proper push-ups for strength?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:16 pm
What is the impact of mainly cardio exercise with daily, proper push-ups for strength?
For health cardio is great. For weight loss, it's not as potent as walking for moderate aerobic exercise. Really aggressive excercise can slow weight loss.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 04, 2021 6:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:16 pm
For weight loss, skip the cardio and concentrate of resistance training. Ever see a strong looking fit guy that spends hours on a treadmill? Those are the guys that end up skinny fat.

Short bouts of high intensity cardio (20 seconds or so) between weight lifting sets is good. But you can skip the long cardio sessions until you're at your desired weight and then start it up. Your goal should be to build muscle mass during a weight loss program especially if you're older.

For folks over 50, I recommend doing the big three. Bench, Dead Lift and squats three times a week. At our age, the vanity of having big guns should be gone by now and we should concentrate on our core.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 04, 2021 8:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 am
bmw wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 am
Bryce wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 am
Much has been said about the evils of Joe Camel and the tobacco company trying to appeal to kids. It is evil. But is Kellogg's, a cereal company that markets unhealthy breakfast cereals to kids, any less evil?
Then there's these "candy-filled fun straws" that have been around for over half a century - basically nothing more than colored sugar:

At least they are honest and label the item as a candy. Kellogg's markets their product as a breakfast food. Their slogan, "Part of a complete breakfast" is misleading.
I couldn't agree with you more on this. Marketing cereals like Raisin Bran as healthy when it is not is disgusting.

As far as me, a lot of the calories I consume are from chicken. Noom has helped cut down on the portions I eat as well as the simple sugars with all the snacks I was consuming.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 am

Meanwhile I have gained 20 pounds in 3 months and I’m thrilled with my results. Looking to add another 20-30. Not sarcasm.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 am
Meanwhile I have gained 20 pounds in 3 months and I’m thrilled with my results. Looking to add another 20-30. Not sarcasm.
Good for you! I hope the vast majority of it is muscle and not that blubbery stuff.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 05, 2021 7:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Good for you! I hope the vast majority of it is muscle and not that blubbery stuff.
Thanks! I’m at 136 which is back to my high just before the pandemic hit and my eating habits got wrecked. Got down to 118 at one point because of stress... feeling much better now. :D

It doesn’t seem to be blubber, I suspect if that happened I would end up with it all concentrated at the belly. But thus far my midsection seems to be “filling out”.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed May 05, 2021 9:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
You're young enough where you can still build up muscle in those guns. Just stay away from that creatine whey shit and all those steroids.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
You're young enough where you can still build up muscle in those guns. Just stay away from that creatine whey shit and all those steroids.
Creatine and quality whey protein are quite good for building and maintaining muscle mass at any age. In fact, I would argue they are even MORE important as you age.

What do you dead lift and squat?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed May 05, 2021 11:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Creatine and quality whey protein are quite good for building and maintaining muscle mass at any age. In fact, I would argue they are even MORE important as you age.

What do you dead lift and squat?
Because of nerve issues and muscle related weakness, I do not lift nor squat.

Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:38 pm

'Part' of a complete breakfast is right. You need a lot of other healthier stuff to go along with it to make a decent breakfast.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic