Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Europe instead of Canada

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Europe instead of Canada

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Europe will be open to us pro-vaxers. Canada? Not likely. I'm dusting off my passport.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/worl ... urope.html
BRUSSELS — American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to visit the European Union over the summer, the head of the bloc’s executive body said in an interview with The New York Times on Sunday, more than a year after shutting down nonessential travel from most countries to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

The fast pace of vaccination in the United States, and advanced talks between authorities there and the European Union over how to make vaccine certificates acceptable as proof of immunity for visitors, will enable the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union, to recommend a switch in policy that could see trans-Atlantic leisure travel restored.

“The Americans, as far as I can see, use European Medicines Agency-approved vaccines,” Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said Sunday in an interview with The Times in Brussels. “This will enable free movement and the travel to the European Union.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: Europe instead of Canada

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:45 pm

Trust me. You don't want us crossing your border. At the rate we're being vaccinated here, it will be years before we're safe to travel.

Justin Trudeau couldn't run a lemonade stand. Lend us Joe Biden for 100 days.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:09 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:45 pm
Trust me. You don't want us crossing your border. At the rate we're being vaccinated here, it will be years before we're safe to travel.

Biden is worse than Trudeau.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Is there a limit on how many can come over? Joe comes with about a half dozen people that tell him what to do, say and think.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:52 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:39 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Is there a limit on how many can come over? Joe comes with about a half dozen people that tell him what to do, say and think.
Yes. Tell him to bring them all. Clearly, they're telling him the right things.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:37 pm
Europe will be open to us pro-vaxers. Canada? Not likely. I'm dusting off my passport.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/worl ... urope.html
BRUSSELS — American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to visit the European Union over the summer, the head of the bloc’s executive body said in an interview with The New York Times on Sunday, more than a year after shutting down nonessential travel from most countries to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

The fast pace of vaccination in the United States, and advanced talks between authorities there and the European Union over how to make vaccine certificates acceptable as proof of immunity for visitors, will enable the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union, to recommend a switch in policy that could see trans-Atlantic leisure travel restored.

“The Americans, as far as I can see, use European Medicines Agency-approved vaccines,” Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said Sunday in an interview with The Times in Brussels. “This will enable free movement and the travel to the European Union.
Europe, for the most part, still has large parts of the economy locked down. Shouldn’t they test the waters by reopening their industries and allowing EU travelers before flinging the door wide open?

I discussed this with my wife last night. The only places in Europe I will consider this year are Iceland (largely reopened with crowd restrictions and allowing vaxxed or previously infected Americans) and Ireland (not as crowded and geographically isolated from the mainland and UK, to a lesser extent). Too high of a chance of borders/attractions getting closed down to even consider UK or the Mainland.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:12 pm

The UK is way ahead of continental Europe in vaccine distribution and is no longer in the EU (and was never in the Schengen zone)

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:24 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:09 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Biden is worse than Trudeau.
Judging by the success Biden has had the first hundred days to fix all the things that the previous administration messed up. Evidence suggest you're wrong.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic