Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Something Bryce won't like

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 14896

Something Bryce won't like

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:13 am

So this dog is in a shelter for a long time. Someone adopts it for one day. Then returns it. So sad.

The good news is I'm thinking quite a few folks are going to step up wanting to adopt this dog now that this article has come out.

https://people.com/pets/texas-shelter-d ... -adoption/

TC Talks

Re: Something Bryce won't like

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:52 am

I serve on a dog rescue board. I would rather have the dog returned than neglected or abused. There should be no shame in deciding you're over your head on owning a dog.

Catahoula's are really active dogs.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:37 am

Side bar...…
Here in Ann Arbor/Washtenaw County The Humane Society has a thing called "The Love Train". About every other Friday the "train" (actually a large RV type vehicle) brings up dogs from southern states that are quick to euthanize. Its popular enough that if you want a love train dog you are on a waiting list.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:37 am

Given the publicity of the article, I'm sure it won't be long before he finds a permanent home.

Not all prospective pet owners take the time to research breeds before they adopt. Behavioral traits are an important consideration in relation to one's available time and patience when acclimating to a new pet. Years ago I lived in a townhouse complex where one of my neighbors had a litter of Alaskan Huskie puppies for sale. I was almost talked into taking one of the pups until I talked to the complex manager who was a fellow dog lover and quite knowledgeable about the breed. I decided to pass after he clued me in to how much responsibility a Huskie would actually be, especially for a single person working full-time. I eventually opted for a cat.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:53 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:37 am
Side bar...…
Here in Ann Arbor/Washtenaw County The Humane Society has a thing called "The Love Train". About every other Friday the "train" (actually a large RV type vehicle) brings up dogs from southern states that are quick to euthanize. Its popular enough that if you want a love train dog you are on a waiting list.
Why is this? Seems every single article I see about "cross-state rescues", it's inbound animals from other states to Michigan. Do we have a H*** perennial shortage here, or are all the other states overrunning with unwanted animals?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:52 am
I serve on a dog rescue board. I would rather have the dog returned than neglected or abused.
Absolutely!

However, there should be some shame placed both upon the adopters for getting in over their head AND the shelter for not vetting the prospective adopters on the requirements of that particular breed mix.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:01 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:53 am
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:37 am
Side bar...…
Why is this? Seems every single article I see about "cross-state rescues", it's inbound animals from other states to Michigan. Do we have a H*** perennial shortage here, or are all the other states overrunning with unwanted animals?
There are literally hundreds of dogs available for adoption in metro Detroit. The problem is the vast majority are Staffy/Pitt mixes. Many people looking to adopt just don't want to deal with the stigma attached.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic