Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

$3 Gas

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

$3 Gas

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:23 pm

Bring on the electric vehicles!
Gas prices are up 12 cents from a week ago, with drivers now paying an average of $2.76 per gallon for regular unleaded in Michigan, the highest price seen since late 2019.

"Michigan drivers have seen gas prices steadily increase over the past few weeks due to rising crude oil prices, said Adrienne Woodland, a AAA spokeswoman, adding that "motorists could continue to see higher pump prices through the week."

Some analysts predict prices will rise to $3 a gallon by the end of May.

Fuel prices have been on the rise since falling to below $2 a gallon last April and are expected to continue to climb for several reasons, including surging crude oil prices, a harsh winter and more pandemic vaccinations.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Re: $3 Gas

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:05 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:23 pm
Gas prices are up 12 cents from a week ago, with drivers now paying an average of $2.76 per gallon for regular unleaded in Michigan, the highest price seen since late 2019.

"Michigan drivers have seen gas prices steadily increase over the past few weeks due to rising crude oil prices, said Adrienne Woodland, a AAA spokeswoman, adding that "motorists could continue to see higher pump prices through the week."

Fuel prices have been on the rise since falling to below $2 a gallon last April and are expected to continue to climb for several reasons, including surging crude oil prices, a harsh winter and more pandemic vaccinations.
What an asshole.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:05 pm
TC Talks wrote:

What an asshole.
Could simply try to get an electric car soon. They’ll be more cost effective than gas for most activities soon.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:05 pm
TC Talks wrote:

What an asshole.
Could simply try to get an electric car soon. They’ll be more cost effective than gas for most activities soon.
He's just happy because the average electric car can't make it from Detroit to TC on one charge.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Matt, can you send me the link to your GoFundMe account for your meds?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:18 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:59 pm
https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-marl ... d-pizzeria

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:18 pm
TC Talks wrote:
I’ll be in Holland in early May, I’ll keep them in mind.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
A restaurant that defied the state's mask orders? You want to support THAT?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:17 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:17 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
A restaurant that is fighting to survive and stay open and has had ONE potential instance where a customer has gotten sick and it may not have been at the restaurant? I applaud you for supporting small business!!!
Fixed.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:24 am

Let's try and be honest for a minute here. This country is not ready to deal with widespread EVs. The power grid can't handle it. Renters don't have access to chargers and People who drive any long distances will not give up the convenience of ICE vehicles. There is a lot of work to do before widespread use of Evs can happen.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 am

ZZ, Nothing happens immediately. I would say a 10% increase could be absorbed and would have an impact on the demand of Gasoline.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic