Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Getting Jabbed

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Getting Jabbed

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 am
At the risk of being MF'd by everyone, I'm still on the fence as to getting the vaccine. Three of the five people in my household have gotten Covid-19. All three are young and healthy and quarantined in my home and recovered. Although I was under the same roof with Covid positive individuals and am exposed to many mask-less people a week, in close proximity, I have not contracted it.

Now, I do wear PPE whenever in public and around people. I make sure to get at least a half hour of exposure to sunlight every day, sometimes more, and take vitamin D to supplement it. I eat a diet high in pro and pre biotics and consume zinc and quinine in high doses along with exercise. In addition, I make sure to get a minimum of eight hours of sleep per day. On high physical stress days, sometimes nine.

So far, doing things the holistic way has worked out for me. Being as, from what I understand, the vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid-19, does not prevent you from spreading it if you contract it, but lessens the severity should you acquire it, I'm not 100% on board with the idea that I should get it to stop the spread.
I do think there has been some evidence that once you are fully vaccinated, you probably can't spread it, so that's a plus. I certainly respect your right to choose what is best for you and hope that others will extend the same consideration.

One of the metrics that concerns me is the % of vaccinated individuals needing to be 70%. We're getting close to a point where supply is going to outstrip demand. I think that is the point when we should be gearing up for a full-on return to normalcy.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:23 am

I have shot #2 this afternoon, and I'm mentally preparing myself for side effects.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:09 am

I have been up all night with arm pain, headaches, and chills after #2. Weird thing was the arm pain didn't start until 5 hours after my shot this time rather than nearly immediately the first time. I also feel nauseous. No fever.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:56 pm

2 minutes in and I can feel throughout my left arm.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Don't make any big plans for tomorrow guys. Good luck, and just know this will pass.

The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:46 pm

Honeyman is right, it will pass and you will be ok, and protected.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:51 pm

I'm hopeful the symptoms aren't bad. I'm headed to the gym in a few minutes, and that seemed to help last time.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:51 pm
I'm hopeful the symptoms aren't bad. I'm headed to the gym in a few minutes, and that seemed to help last time.
Keep us updated, I’m getting my second Pfizer on Saturday morning.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:45 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:09 am
I have been up all night with arm pain, headaches, and chills after #2. Weird thing was the arm pain didn't start until 5 hours after my shot this time rather than nearly immediately the first time. I also feel nauseous. No fever.
You may have it. I've been reading elsewhere this seems to be a symptom of those who got vaccinated unaware they were positive.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:57 pm
Matt wrote:
The arm pain has subsided quite a bit 3 hours after the fact.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Did you ask them if you could have it in the hip or buttocks instead of the arm?

I can understand if you didn't want to. TC Talks may have started a thread entitled,

"Matt Takes It In The Ass"

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:17 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Did you ask them if you could have it in the hip or buttocks instead of the arm?

I can understand if you didn't want to. TC Talks may have started a thread entitled,

Why do you goad and intimate like that, Bryce? Ridiculous. Seem to have a fascination with butt stuff lately.

Mike, I have socially isolated more than 99% of the people here on this forum and have been routinely lambasted for it. Although bring positive for COVID is possible, it is doubtful. I did run a temperature around 100 from noon until about midnight. Appears to be 99.6 at the moment.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:27 am

Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

My preference is in the arm. There's an awful Sam Adams commercial where a guy walks in and pulls down his pants.
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:17 am
Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Why do you goad and intimate like that, Bryce? Ridiculous. Seem to have a fascination with butt stuff lately.

Mike, I have socially isolated more than 99% of the people here on this forum and have been routinely lambasted for it. Although bring positive for COVID is possible, it is doubtful. I did run a temperature around 100 from noon until about midnight. Appears to be 99.6 at the moment.
I'm about 14 hours past the shot, and my temperature is 97.1 (TERRIBLE radio station) and I have some arm pain. From memory, the arm pain is a little bit more than last time, but it is not debilitating by any means.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:34 am

Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:17 am
It's definitely is affecting people differently. Two friends had the J&J shot the same day at the same place on a Saturday. One was fine. The other was knocked down so bad he had to take Monday off.

I was in the Speedway. Someone was saying Pfizer is now talking about folks will need a third round of their vaccine. Anyone else hear this?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:11 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:34 am
I was in the Speedway. Someone was saying Pfizer is now talking about folks will need a third round of their vaccine. Anyone else hear this?
Pfizer is talking about a possibly necessary booster shot next year. It's the same with many vaccines. Research is ongoing.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic