Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Getting Jabbed

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Getting Jabbed

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:29 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:47 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:59 pm
Got the first one about 90 minutes ago. Arm is already sore and I’m getting tired. Lovely.
You got it done on a Saturday, so you will probably be good by tomorrow night.
I woke up from my nap at about 9... I’m not 100% but I’m not quite as tired.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:27 am

There may have been a time in my life when I was sicker but I don't remember it. It hit about 9 Saturday night and I am at about 60 percent today. Fever, Chills, Headache from hell, every muscle aching and from 9 Saturday night through my alarm this morning I was somewhat awake for a total of 90 minutes.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:36 am

Appointments are easy to come by in the Grand Rapids area (DeVos Place downtown, Metro Health Hospital in Wyoming and the Kent County Health Dept. on Fuller Ave NE).

In the Lansing area, I saw availability in St. Johns and Ithaca for the general public.

In Metro Detroit, many places are dispensing to those who are essential frontline workers, have preexisting conditions, or are at least 50 years of age. For those who don't meet those criteria, several CVS stores have vaccines available to anyone over 18. The only catch? Those stores are all in the City of Detroit (W McNichols near Meyers, Van Dyke near Outer Dr, and the 15000 block of Gratiot). The good news? Those locations all have the J&J vaccine - so only one dose needed!

I signed up. However, I'm going to continue to check to see if I can get something a little closer to my house. Registered with Meijer two or three weeks ago and haven't received any invite to schedule; ditto with the Oakland County Health Dept.

I checked the Walgreens site a half hour ago, but the server had crashed.

This thread contains some great info; thanks to all who have contributed. I wish zzand well and hope you're feeling a lot better by the end of today!

Update: the CVS appointments in Detroit are now fully booked. Glad I logged on when I did.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:41 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:10 pm
Just got home from second shot. Was warned to expect a rough 36 to 48 hours of fever, chills, body aches, headache and fatigue...No matter what it is worth it.
Your reaction is the most severe of any I've heard. It will improve.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:57 am

I called our Covid hotline and the nurse was very nice and said just to rest and hydrate and it will pass. She said the most severe reactions she has dealt with came form people who had been sick with Covid. She said it was possible I had it at some point and never knew it but more than likely it was just my immune system kicking into overdrive which is exactly what is supposed to happen.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:17 am

Feel better zz....it'll pass.

The censorship king from out of state.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 pm

Kudos to you zz for stepping up and doing your part. Hopefully when you read this you'll be feeling better.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:54 pm

Had my first dose 2 weeks ago, no side effects.

Got the Moderna at a Kroger in the Toledo area. They had several opens 5 days out from the day I searched. Most of my co-workers in Michigan struggle to get appointments.

Must be a rare advantage to living in the Toledo area, along with cheaper auto insurance and no bottle deposits.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:04 am

Thanks everyone, back to normal, or what passes for normal today. Would just like to point out that this thread has seen us all come together, regardless of political viewpoint, to pass good information and cheer each other on for doing the right thing. Thank you for that

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:11 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:04 am
Thanks everyone, back to normal, or what passes for normal today. Would just like to point out that this thread has seen us all come together, regardless of political viewpoint, to pass good information and cheer each other on for doing the right thing. Thank you for that
Glad to hear it!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:55 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:04 am
Glad to hear you’re back to normal... gives me a little hope for my second in 3 weeks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:05 am

If a crabby old bastard like me can get thru it you will have no issue.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 am

At the risk of being MF'd by everyone, I'm still on the fence as to getting the vaccine. Three of the five people in my household have gotten Covid-19. All three are young and healthy and quarantined in my home and recovered. Although I was under the same roof with Covid positive individuals and am exposed to many mask-less people a week, in close proximity, I have not contracted it.

Now, I do wear PPE whenever in public and around people. I make sure to get at least a half hour of exposure to sunlight every day, sometimes more, and take vitamin D to supplement it. I eat a diet high in pro and pre biotics and consume zinc and quinine in high doses along with exercise. In addition, I make sure to get a minimum of eight hours of sleep per day. On high physical stress days, sometimes nine.

So far, doing things the holistic way has worked out for me. Being as, from what I understand, the vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid-19, does not prevent you from spreading it if you contract it, but lessens the severity should you acquire it, I'm not 100% on board with the idea that I should get it to stop the spread.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:28 am

I think everyone has to do what they feel is best for them. If you can't feel 100 percent comfortable getting the vaccine then don't. As long as you use PPE then you are doing more than a lot of folks to slow the spread. I did see yesterday where Michigan had the highest case rate nationwide for the day so there is something going on. As for I, I was comfortable with it, side effects and all, so I took it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 am

I’m just trying to do whatever it takes to get this behind us quite honestly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic