Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Getting Jabbed

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Re: Getting Jabbed

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:12 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:53 pm
At the moment, I'm scheduled for a week from today. I'm looking for a little closer than an hour and 15 minute drive.
Still on 3/30 - down to a 30 minute drive.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:36 am

My 2nd is a week from Saturday, 2 miles from home at Walmart of all places.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:16 am

My 20 y. o. daughter secured a vaccination appointment Wednesday night at 10:30p and got the shot yesterday at 11am in Ann Arbor. She kept hitting refresh on the sign up screen until a time slot opened up.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:04 pm

My second Pfizer shot is Sunday. Henry Ford Health has a good system if you use their MyChart online. However, you have to wait till you're "invited" and get a "ticket".
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:04 pm
My second Pfizer shot is Sunday. Henry Ford Health has a good system if you use their MyChart online. However, you have to wait till you're "invited" and get a "ticket".
I wouldn't make plans for Monday. The 2nd shot knocked me on my ass.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:16 am
My 20 y. o. daughter secured a vaccination appointment Wednesday night at 10:30p and got the shot yesterday at 11am in Ann Arbor. She kept hitting refresh on the sign up screen until a time slot opened up.
The state should have leaned heavily on U-M. Michigan Medicine was prepared to do mass vaccinations early on.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:25 pm
TC Talks wrote:
The state should have leaned heavily on U-M. Michigan Medicine was prepared to do mass vaccinations early on.
Agreed.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:07 pm

Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
She told me that UofM was the last place she would rely on to get vaccinated. She went outside the University, and is one of the few her age that has been vaccinated. Many of her professors have mentioned they are still waiting.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:34 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
My 91 year-old dad had the two Moderna shots and had no reaction whatever. I guess it all depends on the individual. Thanks for the heads-up.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:07 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
She told me that UofM was the last place she would rely on to get vaccinated. She went outside the University, and is one of the few her age that has been vaccinated. Many of her professors have mentioned they are still waiting.
U-M is not vaccinating students yet. I'm assuming she was referring to UHS, not Michigan Medicine. The capacity exists for MM to give 20,000 shots per week, but the supply has them giving out a third of that. Schlissel made a plea today again for more supply - he's publicly stated that he would like to vaccinate all faculty, staff, and students.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:19 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:34 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
My 91 year-old dad had the two Moderna shots and had no reaction whatever. I guess it all depends on the individual. Thanks for the heads-up.
It does depend on the individual. I've had friends who mentioned mild headaches or a sore arm. I just wouldn't plan on a heavy day of work/exercise because it might knock you for a loop. No real biggee.....you are aware why you feel like crap it and goes away in a day or so. Good luck!
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:56 pm

It seems that they have figured out some of the traits of COVID are related to Ancestry.
The major genetic risk factor for severe COVID-19 is inherited from Neanderthals

The COVID-19 pandemic has caused considerable morbidity and mortality, and has resulted in the death of over a million people to date3. The clinical manifestations of the disease caused by the virus, SARS-CoV-2, vary widely in severity, ranging from no or mild symptoms to rapid progression to respiratory failure4. Early in the pandemic, it became clear that advanced age is a major risk factor, as well as being male and some co-morbidities5. These risk factors, however, do not fully explain why some people have no or mild symptoms whereas others have severe symptoms. Thus, genetic risk factors may have a role in disease progression. A previous study1 identified two genomic regions that are associated with severe COVID-19: one region on chromosome 3, which contains six genes, and one region on chromosome 9 that determines ABO blood groups. Recently, a dataset was released by the COVID-19 Host Genetics Initiative in which the region on chromosome 3 is the only region that is significantly associated with severe COVID-19 at the genome-wide level (Fig. 1a). The risk variant in this region confers an odds ratio for requiring hospitalization of 1.6 (95% confidence interval, 1.42–1.79).
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2818-3
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:15 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
U-M is not vaccinating students yet. I'm assuming she was referring to UHS, not Michigan Medicine. The capacity exists for MM to give 20,000 shots per week, but the supply has them giving out a third of that. Schlissel made a plea today again for more supply - he's publicly stated that he would like to vaccinate all faculty, staff, and students.
They can’t even get the parking situation straight outside...

Their automated text system screwed me out of my vaccine so I’m not happy with them and at the moment transporting their hospital workers is my primary thing. I’m a 1A too and can’t seem to find an appointment.

Then there was the borderline scandal with vaccinating HR and IT people working from home ahead of people likely to die from this. This rollout at U of M is far from perfect. Whitmer sure made excuses for it though.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:26 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:15 am
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Their automated text system screwed me out of my vaccine so I’m not happy with them and at the moment transporting their hospital workers is my primary thing. I’m a 1A too and can’t seem to find an appointment.

Then there was the borderline scandal with vaccinating HR and IT people working from home ahead of people likely to die from this. This rollout at U of M is far from perfect. Whitmer sure made excuses for it though.
Use vaxxmax.com.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:39 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:26 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:15 am
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Use vaxxmax.com.
Thanks Matt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic