Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Quora Digest

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Quora Digest

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:40 pm

Quora Digest. Anyone here ever heard of it? Just in the last couple of weeks it's started arriving in my e mail every day. Usually it's a collection of articles about prison life. Don't know how they ever ended up with my name.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15506

Re: Quora Digest

Post by Deleted User 15506 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:06 pm

Yes, I’m a subscriber and it’s great. Quora Digest is a platform that is knowledgeable, if you have questions it allows you to connect with others on a subject that you need to get help and information on. It’s actually very helpful. It has helped me with broadcasting questions that I had about the industry. Chances are the emails are getting sent to you, because you may have registered with Quora at some point. Just cancel your account.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:29 am

I didn't subscribe, but somehow I ended up on their mailing list. What makes them think I'm so keen to know all the details of prison life?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:50 am

Quora is a forum of discussion on all different topics. For whatever reason, most of the topics sent to my inbox include matters of politics and parenting.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:52 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:50 am
Quora is a forum of discussion on all different topics. For whatever reason, most of the topics sent to my inbox include matters of politics and parenting.
Usually it’s going based on past searches, I get ones for politics and Star Trek of all things. But I’ve read articles on the subject.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:58 am

I haven't searched on parenting though. The articles showed up in my inbox 2 years ago also without my prompting.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:21 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:58 am
I haven't searched on parenting though. The articles showed up in my inbox 2 years ago also without my prompting.
Maybe they purchased a bunch of email addresses?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:47 am

Maybe MW sold them? Kidding.

Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:31 am

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Deleted User 15506

Post by Deleted User 15506 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:55 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:29 am
I didn't subscribe, but somehow I ended up on their mailing list. What makes them think I'm so keen to know all the details of prison life?
Maybe your cellmate sold Quora some information, in exchange for a carton of cigarettes. You may want to ask him tonight, when you’re alone together. :rollin
Last edited by Deleted User 15506 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:29 am

This time change has disrupted my sleep patterns. While I was in bed last night, not sleeping, it came to me what might have brought this on.

About a month ago, on this board, I made some disparaging comments about Hungry Man frozen dinners. I conjectured that they're probably on a par with prison food. But I acknowledged I don't really know what prison food is like..

But how they got my name and e mail address remains a mystery.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:54 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:29 am
This time change has disrupted my sleep patterns. While I was in bed last night, not sleeping, it came to me what might have brought this on.

About a month ago, on this board, I made some disparaging comments about Hungry Man frozen dinners. I conjectured that they're probably on a par with prison food. But I acknowledged I don't really know what prison food is like..

Im sure that’s not it.

Deleted User 15506

Post by Deleted User 15506 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:26 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:29 am

Actually, it’s probably in a Google search and Google gave information to Quora. That’s how Google shares information.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:44 am

Maybe Quora knows something about me that I don't know yet. Revenue Canada has been harassing and threatening me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:06 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:44 am
Maybe Quora knows something about me that I don't know yet. Revenue Canada has been harassing and threatening me.
You’ve been a bad bird.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic