Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

COVID Long Haulers

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

COVID Long Haulers

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:45 pm

As time goes on with covid we are beginning to see some of those long-term effects become clearer. Approximately 1/3 of those who have contracted covid who are over 40 are experiencing long-term after effects. Just another reason why the whole concept of herd immunity without a vaccination is tremendously damaging for a society.
These people sometimes describe themselves as "long haulers" and the condition has been called post-COVID-19 syndrome or "long COVID-19."

Older people and people with many serious medical conditions are the most likely to experience lingering COVID-19 symptoms, but even young, otherwise healthy people can feel unwell for weeks to months after infection. The most common signs and symptoms that linger over time include:

Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Cough
Joint pain
Chest pain
Other long-term signs and symptoms may include:

Muscle pain or headache
Fast or pounding heartbeat
Loss of smell or taste
Memory, concentration or sleep problems
Rash or hair loss
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... t-20490351

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: COVID Long Haulers

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:21 pm

A friend of ours has recovered from Covid. But she has to be on oxygen for the rest of her life.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:19 am

Wait until the disability claims start piling up and the GOP starts chanting "Get back to work deadbeats." They think suicide is a problem now, just wait.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:33 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:19 am
Wait until the disability claims start piling up and the GOP starts chanting "Get back to work deadbeats." They think suicide is a problem now, just wait.
How miserable do you have to be to make EVERYTHING about politics?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:15 am

The rebel without a clue shit is getting old

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:33 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:19 am
How miserable do you have to be to make EVERYTHING about politics?
Talk to me in a year. This is going to be a big ass problem once the virus is gone. My friend in Texas will likely never work again! He's been in the hospital 20 times. When you have a h.u.g.e. increase, tell me what's going to happen? I know you had an HR and ops management class somewhere down the line. This isn't hard to see that this will be important.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic