Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Buh-Byes to Fry's

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
kager

Buh-Byes to Fry's

Post by kager » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:22 am

Another one-stop geek shop icon is gone...

"Your best buys are no longer at Fry’s, guaranteed"

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker ... f-business

I received my last Fry's 'Deals of the Day' email Tuesday...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

km1125

Re: Buh-Byes to Fry's

Post by km1125 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:03 am

Damn. While traveling I could always count on being able to get electronic parts and connectors there. If I needed a BNC to SMA or some other adapter they always had plenty of options. Missed having one located around here.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:45 am

I don't know that I've ever seen that place, but it looks awesome! It sucks that it is closing.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Fry's has been dying for the better part of the last decade.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:36 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:03 am
Damn. While traveling I could always count on being able to get electronic parts and connectors there. If I needed a BNC to SMA or some other adapter they always had plenty of options. Missed having one located around here.
Agreed. Locations closest to MI were in Illinois and Indiana (1 each)... the majority were in CA and TX. I bought my first UHD TV online from the Downers Grove location 5-6 years ago, saved a bundle.
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:45 am
I don't know that I've ever seen that place, but it looks awesome! It sucks that it is closing.
They all had themes - I only had the chance to visit one location whilst working in Northern Cali for a spell, but it was awesome. They had everything we needed (and alot we didn't, but bought anyway), priced right. You could lose track of time...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry's_Electronics

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic