Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Postmaster general hits the crack pipe

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Postmaster general hits the crack pipe

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Gentleman, I offer you the latest accomplishment by Trump's postmaster general...

https://mashable.com/article/new-usps-truck/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Robert Faygo

Re: Postmaster general hits the crack pipe

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:07 pm

I'm no fan of the guy either, but crack pipe? Other than it not being pretty to look at and not rolling off the line 100 electric, why the slam? A lot of the features that make it ugly seem safety focused?

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/02/us ... -electric/
The combination of an extremely low hood and very tall windshield gives it more than a little resemblance to a Pixar creation, but the payoff for this anatine look should be excellent forward visibility.
More attention appears to have been paid to driver and pedestrian safety than with the USPS' current fire-prone Grumman LLV trucks. There are airbags, as well as a camera- and sensor-enabled suite of driver assists like automatic emergency braking.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

hanson

Post by hanson » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:08 pm

It looks like a glorified golf cart

kager

Post by kager » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Project has been in the works for 6 years now... long overdue.

It does look a bit cartoon-ish... like some users' avatars.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:26 pm

Seems to me what a government mail delivery vehicle looks like should be exactly #6437 on the list of 6438 specifications.

Right ahead of the number of grooves on the valve stem covers. I hope they are going with 6 grooves, otherwise I'm gonna complain and blame Trump.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:44 pm

Looks like the future to me.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:11 pm

I am definitely a fan of homely vehicles, I can't imagine ever falling for this one.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:23 pm

Starting in 2023, thanks to Trump Derangement Syndrome, you'll be able to think of him every time you see one.

It's too bad you probably live on a rural route and won't get to see one pulling up to your mailbox every day.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Glad to see the addition of air conditioning. With more and more drugs being shipped by mail this could mean the difference of the drug working as prescribed. My sister lives in AZ and she has heard of mail delivery people passing out do to the heat.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:23 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:23 pm
Starting in 2023, thanks to Trump Derangement Syndrome, you'll be able to think of him every time you see one.

It's too bad you probably live on a rural route and won't get to see one pulling up to your mailbox every day.
It should be noted that the crack epidemic disproportionately affected black Americans - do we think the OP's title was hinged with racial insensitivity? We know he only sees black people twice a month.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:23 am
We know he only sees black people twice a month.
And probably from a distance.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic