Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How has your life changed?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

How has your life changed?

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:59 pm

We're now a year into the pandemic. Except for the incredible boredom, how has your life changed?

I feel like I'm more flush with cash now than ever before in my life. That's because there is little opportunity to spend it. We treat ourselves to small luxuries in food and drink..

My intake of coffee has increased. When I finish one cup, there's nothing I need to do, so I have another.

Also my consumption of booze has also ticked up slightly.

Most days I go for a long walk in the park. I enjoy the opportunity to stop and talk with total strangers, outdoors without a mask.. It seems like everyone is longing for that kind of human contact and fellowship.

I wonder if we will ever get back to normal. Maybe we've all formed new habits that will stay with us

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Re: How has your life changed?

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:59 pm
We're now a year into the pandemic. Except for the incredible boredom, how has your life changed?

I feel like I'm more flush with cash now than ever before in my life. That's because there is little opportunity to spend it. We treat ourselves to small luxuries in food and drink..

My intake of coffee has increased. When I finish one cup, there's nothing I need to do, so I have another.

Also my consumption of booze has also ticked up slightly.

Most days I go for a long walk in the park. I enjoy the opportunity to stop and talk with total strangers, outdoors without a mask.. It seems like everyone is longing for that kind of human contact and fellowship.

I wonder if we will ever get back to normal. Maybe we've all formed new habits that will stay with us
Work is still disrupted though I'm back where I started originally. Business looks tentatively like it may pick up in the summer so there may be a light at the end of this tunnel.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:34 pm

I've been using webcams to chat with friends and family occasionally and have cut back on going out. When the weather's nice, I go for walks in my neighborhood, and I also say hi to neighbors or pedestrians. I've also been out to various parks and beaches too for walks. It's been nice to get out as I've been mostly quarantined for nearly a year.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:45 am

Work has gotten busier as we do Covid updates on air and online and unlike many stations we have continued to work on site and not remotely during this whole mess. Of course there is mask wearing, social distancing and washing hands a lot. I used to eat in a restaurant once a week, haven't done that in a year, have done takeout a few times. Isolating from family and friends has been the biggest change, where I used to see my children and grand children monthly, I have seen them three times in the last year. We keep in touch online almost daily. I too have had more cash which has been nice. I take a walk when weather permits and talk to neighbors over the fence.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:23 am

I pretty much echo all the above, although I'm not much of a booze drinker. :razz I'm wondering if anyone here is feeling the "pent-up demand" I keep hearing about in business reports -- that the economy will explode once we reach herd immunity. Will you go out and spend, spend, spend?

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:57 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:23 am
I pretty much echo all the above, although I'm not much of a booze drinker. :razz I'm wondering if anyone here is feeling the "pent-up demand" I keep hearing about in business reports -- that the economy will explode once we reach herd immunity. Will you go out and spend, spend, spend?

I think in my case the opposite might be true. Not having the opportunity to shop has sort of caused my desire the acquire material things to wane.

If everything suddenly opened up, I can't think of anything I would want to spend money on.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:58 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:57 am
moldyoldie wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:23 am

I think in my case the opposite might be true. Not having the opportunity to shop has sort of caused my desire the acquire material things to wane.

If everything suddenly opened up, I can't think of anything I would want to spend money on.
You certainly won't be buying lemonade from Justin!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:58 pm

He probably wouldn't have any available to sell me.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:54 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:33 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:58 pm

He probably wouldn't have any available to sell me.
Knowing him, it is probably piss anyway.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:54 pm

It wouldn't be his.. He would have to import it from somewhere. He wouldn't know how to aim and hit the jug with his own.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:14 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:54 pm

It wouldn't be his.. He would have to import it from somewhere. He wouldn't know how to aim and hit the jug with his own.
I've heard he sits down to pee.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Someone pissed in the snow outside the Trudeau residence, spelling out the words "Fuck off Justin."

The RCMP immediately launched an investigation. DNA analysis determined the piss came from Conservative leader Erin O'Toole. The handwriting, however, turned out to be that of Mrs. Trudeau.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:16 pm

You know how it is when you move to a new city or start a new job, it takes a while for your dreams to catch up. It may be months until your dreams are set in that new locale.

Now, more than a year into the pandemic, it has never been the subject of, or even an element in my dreams. I've never dreamed about covid or quarantine, or even wearing a mask. My dreams still take place in the old world.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic